Who will win

Milky

our Captains of Industry who will now have to earn a crust  & go & negotiate better business deals...

Do you mean that bloke who's been on the telly? Y'know, the one who runs Poundland.

No ,i was meaning the chairmen of big businesses who in most cases are just figureheads ,coasting along in world of commerce that wasn't meant to be rocked.

......................................................As for objections to the result of a fair election, these people who want to trample over British democracy should be ashamed to want to lie in the same bed as the corrupt dictators of Brussels, who have no scruples except for carving out their own empire.

The way this referendum was conducted hit an all time low. Considering the blatant lies - from all sides - how can you say it was a 'fair' election.

People voted after considering the information they were given, now it's admitted that the information was false - an example of the farce which is 'British Democracy'. 

There are probably a number of legalities by which the decision could be declared void- whether the govt would want to do this remains to be seen. 

I am told that should an election now be called and a government was elected on a pro EU mandate this would void the referendum  as an election vote would take presidance over a referendum vote.

Maybe why Cameron has chosen to resign.

And what about the lies also peddled by the Remain side ? As long as the ballot was handled fairly then it was a fair election, even if the campaign was distorted from both sides. Social media has certainly shown up a lot of flaws in our society though & is probably  fuelling the recriminations from both sides.

At least with our democracy we can vote a government out after 4/5 years providing enough people can be bothered to vote.  With the EU there is no chance of changing the government.

• Upvote 1

What are all these dummies doing on the floor ?

This country's just fallen for the biggest con trick in history and you expect them to go quietly?

Still, get as much mirth out of it as you can, nobody's going to be laughing for very long.

chairmen of big businesses who in most cases are just figureheads

- just figureheads

+ not English

And what about the lies also peddled by the Remain side ?

Well, I think I've already said they didn't cover themselves in glory, but what were these blatant lies?

No ,i was meaning the chairmen of big businesses who in most cases are just figureheads ,coasting along in world of commerce that wasn't meant to be rocked.

He has you there though Fugs, he clearly has a perfectly clear understanding and hands on knowledge of his subject :D :D :D

Sha, as I said throughout, there could be no "facts" about the future, only speculation; maybe Mystic Meg knows !  What we did know, is what has happened and what is happening to a majority of our people, who have taken this opportunity to pass their verdict - end of.    8)

Quote Davy;

"And what about the lies also peddled by the Remain side ?"

Did you misread what I wrote?  my post began with,  "The way this referendum was conducted hit an all time low. Considering the blatant lies - from all sides

Quote Davy;

"As long as the ballot was handled fairly then it was a fair election, even if the campaign was distorted from both sides

- what kind of a nonsensical evaluation is that?

Quote Davy;

"With the EU there is no chance of changing the government". 

It doesn't sound as if you have adequate enough knowledge on how the Council of Europe is run to have made an informed decision. 

As for "our democracy" 

The lies peddled by our politicians are front page headlines of European newspapers and the "Great British Democracy" is the laughing stock of Europe!

• Upvote 1

Sha, as I said throughout, there could be no "facts" about the future, only speculation; maybe Mystic Meg knows !  What we did know, is what has happened and what is happening to a majority of our people, who have taken this opportunity to pass their verdict - end of.    8)

Obs, There are I agree not many 'facts' but there are some.

The promised saving of £350m on leaving Europe was a figure pulled out of a hat - this figure is incorrect - that is a fact.

That the ( supposed) £350m savings made by leaving Europe will be ploughed into our NHS -this is incorrect - that is a fact.

On leaving Europe we will lose the protection of European laws re workers rights - that is a fact.

On leaving Europe we will lose the protection of European laws re heritage protection - that is a fact.

On leaving Europe we will be able to control immigration - this is incorrect - that is a fact.

Millions of people were fed lies and misled by British politicians (of all political parties) and based their decisions on the referendum on these lies - that is a fact.

If in Britain we had a government or even an alternative to vote for that I considered honest and trustworthy and who would operate for the benefit of the whole of the British people I wouldn't think it would matter whether we were in Europe or not. 

Unfortunately, I don't have any faith in British politicians who I think are basically self interested and self serving and who operate in the interests of tax evading, multi-million corporations.

I don't pretend to think that European politicians are any better - but as their peoples are less apathetic than ours, they understand that they have to give a little to the people to prevent uprisings and so their people are treated a little better than our government would treat us.

I would have preferred to stay in Europe, at least until we had a decent govt in power - but this will probably never ever happen here anyway.

I just feel disappointed that the British working class have proved themselves to be so gullible and easily manipulated and appear quite happy to " sing in their chains".   

I'm not going through your list, but will just take the £350million pw one again:  that is the correct gross figure as per the ONS. True we get back some in rebate, and some (which is not under our control), in EU funding.  But this is OUR money being recycled from Brussels, less the £10billion they keep to fund the Brussels gravy train and the basket case economies of the net takers. As for the rest, at glance they're not "facts".   The British working class have finally rebelled against the political elite, who are happy to take their votes, then walk off (calling them racist bigots under their breath); then ignore them once in power.   This rebellion could prove a bigger problem for the Labour Party than the others.    8)

I'm not going through your list, but will just take the £350million pw one again:  that is the correct gross figure as per the ONS. True we get back some in rebate, and some (which is not under our control), in EU funding.  But this is OUR money being recycled from Brussels, less the £10billion they keep to fund the Brussels gravy train and the basket case economies of the net takers. As for the rest, at glance they're not "facts".   The British working class have finally rebelled against the political elite, who are happy to take their votes, then walk off (calling them racist bigots under their breath); then ignore them once in power.   This rebellion could prove a bigger problem for the Labour Party than the others.    8)

For gods sake that figure has been, debunked, ridiculed and denied by your spiritual king and heart throb the NF.  It is a joke to say we get the rebate back, I will type this slowly for you, IT IS NEVER AND HAS NEVER BEEN SENT TO THE E.U. iso never leaves our coffers.  Is that clear enough for you?

Erm nope; it's assigned and negotiated for over a 12 month period; that means it can't be used in other domestic budgets.  And I'll say it again; your argument is like the guy who gets told he's only going to get 5 lashes instead of 10- oh the relief !   We're still net contributors to the EU - has that one sunk in yet ?    :rolleyes: 

15 years contributions wiped out in a day.  But you find that funny. That affects every person in the country adversely.  Doesn't matter though as you are happy to pay any price for your control of migrants LOL.    Plus another 2 years minimum to pay,  then all the benefits will be gone so just net loss.  How many pennies of the rebate have we ever sent to Brussels?  to the nearest 1p.

really?  the British people were misled, lied to and frightened into voting out.  Let us hope that there is still something left of Broken Britain in the future and that those responsible are happy with their actions, can't see it though can you?

well it used to be broken Britain soon to be broken England.  You will see just how small England has become soon enough if the Scots see sense and leave.  Maybe Ireland will reunite, less sure on that one.  The referendum was a farce, lies and more lies and the unworking class swallowed the right wing anti immigrant dogma.