Bridge Foot Island and Cenotaph area

Dizzy

Showing the Cenotaph and also the island that used to be at Bridge Foot.  The lovely black and white building was demolished to make way for the second bridge crossing.

new%20cenotaph%20island%20KB_zpsuajfjlre

I'm slightly confused having looked through all my old pics I also have this one which was a black and white building at Bridge Foot too. I always presumed it was part of the first one and some of the whole building had been knocked down previously but seeing them both together it's clear they are NOT part of the same buildings.

Was the smaller building further up the road ?  Any idea ?

knew%20knutsford%20road%20black%20white%

Thanks Algy, we can always reply on you to solve a little mystery :D

That's a cracking photo of Bridge Foot and I never knew there were buildings behind the black and white one going right back to the waters edge.  Brilliant :D :D

Ahh ok :lol: :lol:   How come yours are always so much clearer than the one's I look at and download from there.  It mustn't like me.... :cry:  :lol:

if you register and log in it lets you zoom in to quite good detail (depends on the original of course) the screen capture and crop... dead easy in windows 10 :)

Thanks Algy, strange thing to be written on a builders yard. 

I was wondering if it was the training school (typing and stuff) but then remembered that was the larger black and white building in my first photo, well I think so anyway. 

I'm having trouble with my brain cell today :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

How do! Baz, how are things going with you, it seems a lot quierter on here now a days.

and some of us don't read what other people are replying either!!

I'm fine mate... still plodding on as they say.... how about you?

• 1 month later...

Baz, sorry about the delay in replying, turned 76 now so the brain cells don't seem to respond as quickly as they used to plus I tend not to visit as often as I used to!, in answer to your enquiry re my well being, pretty good all things considering. I know you appreciate all things mechanical so you will probably enjoy this clip of the working boats on the canals in the 50's and 60's.

https://youtu.be/Ohm_HC754Ak

Brilliant video... my Uncle Ernie used to work the sugar boats on the Sankey St Helens canal.... in fact that is how he met my aunt Lucy... he used to whistle at her when she was walking down to Bewsey Old Hall where she was "in service" back in the 20's or early 30's...