Intergalactic Warrington

Dizzy

Did anyone go to town yesterday ?  Great to see so much going on including Dr Who walking round with a dalek (that scared me) and so many market stalls and people down Bridge Street and at Market Gate despite the awful weather. 

Have to say the best bit for me was the laser show at Market Gate and it was so good I watched it twice which I believe were organised by WBC and Culture Warrington so well done to them for that and a huge well done to the Market for putting on yet another great event day :D

Front page news last night http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/2015/11/28/intergalactic-show-lights-up-warrington-town-centre/

Here's my video of the Laser Show yesterday (durh I put lazer on the title). 

Probably wont be on-line for long though as youtube have just flagged it with two copyright claim notices by some company called UMG due to the music.  Says it wont play in Germany and can't be played on some devices which can include mobile phones, video game consoles or set-top boxes and that is is also monetised by the claimant so I can leave it but they will slap adverts on my video.  YAWN !! :roll:

I only got into town just after 3pm but there were still quite a lot of people at the back of the market where the days temporary stalls were and of course the star wars ship and dalek etc etc.  Rest of the market was really quiet though.  There weren't to many people looking at the outdoor stalls when I went there but once the laser show was about to start people appeared. 

Not as many as last year but still a good turnout and looking at some of Gary's photos and the ones the Market have on their facebook page it looks like it was all quite busy during the day despite the awful weather.

Well done to everyone involved and also to the brave outdoor traders who battled with the elements and stuck it out :D

Well, whatever rocks your boat! it wouldn't really rock mine. I wouldn't go out on a fine day to see that let alone brave the recent vile weather for it.

Whilst I could understand there being some appeal in that the lasers are visually effective, I couldn't stand and listen to that din even for a minute.

Quite puzzled as to why this was chosen for the Christmas period. It looks like something more appropriate to bonfire night.

That said, I must agree that Steve Pickering has done a brilliant job over the last few years in organising events at the market - there's one council employee who really works hard for Warrington!

Sha I don't think they laser show would have had quite the same effect or been as impressive if it had been in sync to music like 'Away in a Manger',  'Little Donkey'  or 'Oh Little Town of Bethlehem' :lol:

The theme for the day was Xmas Market with an Intergalactic twist...... and kids love Star Wars and Dr Who etc etc so they would have wanted to go and as such parents would take them and shop too. 

There was plenty of xmas stuff and other stalls too so it wasn't all sci-fi :wink:  I missed the white polar bear though and I really wanted to see that :(

If it's on again next year I'm going to make you come with me and I bet you enjoy it :P:lol:

Seems from the photos that even on a filthy night weatherise a lot more came to listen to this din in the pouring rain and a howling hoolie  than would ever sit in the warmth of the Parr Hall and listen to the organs din.  Agree re Steve Pickering, he is very good at what he does.