Police Strike?

observer

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by BazJ:

me too mate but with the Tories you expect sleaze and pocket lining.... the Labour party you didn't!!

Oh I don't know, I think they were always going to be far worse, it is just that most people had high expectations of them, expectations that they, Labour, themselves had raised. Great pity really. I guess people will still vote Labour through tradition and because they can't bring themselves to vote for a different lot....coupled to which Labour have created a massive number of "jobs" in the state sector in their heartlands in order to prop their vote up.

ha ha.

It is true though and it does make me wonder how people can still point at the tories from 10 or 11 years ago (nearer to 15 by the time Brown goes to the country) and call them even though probably 95% of the Tory MPs weren't in the last Tory Government b ut probably 95% of the Labour lot have played a part in this sleaze ridden manifestation.

I think it is time now to say what was said in 1997.... time to let the other lot have a go!

It can't be any worse

Here is something to wind you up from the Mail:

"A political furore erupted last night after it was revealed that MPs are demanding an inflation-busting wage increase of up to ?6,000 a year.

The Mail on Sunday has learned that Labour and Tory MPs have formed a secret pact which makes a mockery of Gordon Brown's call for wage restraint by forcing through a record pay deal for themselves in the New Year.

One reason for the big claim is that many Labour MPs fear they will lose their seats at the next Election - and want to boost their Commons pension rights before it is too late."

The last bit is a classic. Guess the reality is that most of those who will be out after the next election will be unable to get jobs that pay anywhere near as well...not that most employers would be daft enough to employ them anyway. :wink:

and that is on top of the one that they recently got. Mind you the conservatives would back it as well because it would also mean that their pay would go up. There is no one to oppose it. I for one say that they are not worth ?70.000 a year plus the ?130,000 expenses. Even if they loose their seat at the election they get ?30,000 tax free hardship severance pay bonus.

Who in their right mind would employ an MP anyway of any party. They are all not worth the paper their name is written on, and would not know the truth from the party line if it came up and bit their bum.

I can see that January is going to be an interesting month. Very clever the way that the Home office have paid civilian staff and the CSO so that they will stay in work when the police come to work but don?t work. I hope that all the officers on duty at Westminster go off sick and stop protecting the cretins.

I think that there are several other big groups of employees coming up for pay deals in the next quarter.

[ 23.12.2007, 00:10: Message edited by: little fella ]

Originally posted by little fella:

Who in their right mind would employ an MP anyway of any party. They are all not worth the paper their name is written on, and would not know the truth from the party line if it came up and bit their bum.

Alas with regards to the latter section, the same is true for the majority of people in employment....assuming that they wish to stay in employment. I myself was in the somewhat fortunate position of never being too bothered and tended to do the right thing, and always found it quite amusing to see the response of those at an even higher level being told where to go. :D

With regards to truth, sometimes it is not as simple as that, many decisions are not based on truth, they are based on judgement with some people's judgement being better than other's. In the case of this topic, the current Home Secretary's judgement is somewhat lacking....anyway given her small majority, I guess she will be out at the next election.

Seems as though opportunities abound after retirement, if you get to the top of the police service, this from the Mail:

"Britain's former top policeman Lord Stevens was paid ?1,000 a day for taking charge of the inquiry into the death of Diana, Princess of Wales.

Documents released exclusively to The Mail on Sunday under the Freedom of Information Act reveal he was being paid double what he would have earned in his former role as Met Police Commissioner.

The payments, for his part-time role in charge of Operation Paget, are among a number of lucrative deals that Porsche-driving Lord Stevens has secured since he retired two years ago.

Critics have asked why a senior detective, already employed by the force, could not have overseen the inquiry.

While he was at the Yard from 2000 to 2005, Lord Stevens was paid ?150,000 a year, the daily equivalent of approximately ?420 ? less than half the fees for his two-and-a-half years' work on the Diana probe.

The FOI reply from the Met's Directorate of Professional Standards ? which took almost a year to be answered ? discloses that between February 28, 2005, and September 30, 2007, his company Stevens Consultancy raked in ?276,125 for Operation Paget."

Truth is a strange thing with hindsight. There is judgement and judgement, judgement based on a person?s best ability is different from judgement used knowing that the result is right for self but still a wrong judgement.

I think that the labour party has just about insured their defeat at a general election, working class, blue collar workers and every emergency service is now against the labour party and Mr Brown. It maybe the right time in the New Year for someone to table a vote of no confidence in the government.

If we got rid of our two waste of space MP?s who would we have in their place? Is there an honest candidate out there with sound judgement willing to stand up to the challenge?

• 2 weeks later...
I can think of one. :wink:
I can think of another.... me.

I would do it as an independant. both MP's jobs for ?150k all in.

I would take no bull off the party line, and would immediately table a vote to bring back capital punishment and the birch to sort out the massive criminal problems we seem to be having.

No early release, build more prisons and keep the buggers locked up for the maximum tarrifs available. If the maximum tarrifs are stupidly low, increase them. Any judge who makes a daft decision to free someone who is obviously a danger, jail him too and stick him in the same cell for a few weeks.

Get rid of all do gooders. They have brought this country to its knees in the last 10 years and as a final act, burn the European Human Rights Treaty and send them bloody expensive Euro Typhoon planes on a bombing mission to Brussels.

As an extra final act, ban all non-English MPs from the house of commons. They have their own parliaments now so they can all clear off.

Anyone have any other ideas for my manifesto?

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

If we got rid of our two waste of space MP?s who would we have in their place? Is there an honest candidate out there with sound judgement willing to stand up to the challenge?

You've got me beat......who is it :wink:

Originally posted by BazJ:

I can think of another.... me.

I would do it as an independant. both MP's jobs for ?150k all in.

I would take no bull off the party line, and would immediately table a vote to bring back capital punishment and the birch to sort out the massive criminal problems we seem to be having.

No early release, build more prisons and keep the buggers locked up for the maximum tarrifs available. If the maximum tarrifs are stupidly low, increase them. Any judge who makes a daft decision to free someone who is obviously a danger, jail him too and stick him in the same cell for a few weeks.

Get rid of all do gooders. They have brought this country to its knees in the last 10 years and as a final act, burn the European Human Rights Treaty and send them bloody expensive Euro Typhoon planes on a bombing mission to Brussels.

As an extra final act, ban all non-English MPs from the house of commons. They have their own parliaments now so they can all clear off.

Anyone have any other ideas for my manifesto?

Alas Baz, I've been there and done that, slight problem, with one or two exceptions, Independents don't win. As % shares go I did much better than most and would have been a superb MP, but all that I ended up with was 1% of the vote and a bank balance a few thousand pounds lighter.

Originally posted by wolfie:

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

I can think of one. :D:D:D

http://www.warringtonsouthconservatives.com/

[ 07.01.2008, 12:33: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

White man say Big heap trouble coming this year.

Is anyone else getting worried about what is going to happen to public order this year?

They want the troops back in this country so that they can fend off public disorder, The police want to strike, The prison officers will go on strike again if pushed. Most public sector workers are frustrated by below inflation pay. We have a failing heath service, below par education system, Public services are going into decay, and Millions of people are below the poverty line. All the time its just Rip Off Britain.

OK.....but other than the police wanting to strike, The prison officers wanting to strike, most public sector workers being frustrated by below inflation pay rises the failing heath service, below par education system, Public services falling into decay, and Millions of people below the poverty line....... Just what has the Labour Party done for us eh?