BOOM!!!!!!!

P J

Sustainability has nothing to do with the report. It is a report on what has happened not a guess at what will happen. Just rejoice in the fact that your fears were unfounded and for years you have been wrong about the financial impact of the E U immigrants on our economy. You are, after all , surely pleased with a positive input into the coffers. Oh and your opinion counts for squat in this instance

Correct for once but as I am not expressing an opinion but bringing to your attention the results of a lengthy and thorough report into the financial impact of EU immigration into the UK an opinion is not needed.  You have been banging on for years about the Polesand Romanians bleeding the country dry and now that there is proof of how wrong you were you choose not to accept the findings and instead trust your eyes. Instead you have the gall to accuse others of buryingtheir head in the sand.  Newsflash, your eyes are blinkered when it comes to this subject.  It cant be nice to have your house of cards blown over but I am sure you can take comfort from the fact that these Forinners are helping to pay your pension.

Sigh....  The report isn't about whether you are or should be anti or pro immigration,it merely shows the positive financial input to the treasury that EU immigration has.  I know this is hard to believe but there are people who would hate immigration even knowing that it makes financial sense. At least one of them even started out as hard line Labour politician but now sees a party that is more Thatcherite than the Tories as the great white hope.  I hope this has helped you to understand the threads meaning a little more as it would take a real fool to comment on a subject for days without knowing what it was about,

Surely it would be financially prudent to get our citizens off benefits & back into work before inviting immigrants to make up any labour shortfall ....i see there is now a looming nursing shortage & also a shortage of HGV drivers is just around the corner, probably brought about by the reluctance of successive governments to sustain a stable workforce with the provision of adequate training & the prospect of secure employment.

The CBI seem to back imported labour to the hilt ,no doubt because their members can offer lower wages ,zero hours & fire at will to immigrants.

• Upvote 1

Carefull Davy, your applying common sense to a situation that has been pronounced as beneficial by a bunch of EU funded academics; it's in a report so you have to believe it !   Ask ten economists a question, and you'll get ten different answers, depending on their motivation; fortunately, the public are seeing through the spin.

"We recognise that immigration can be economically advantageous for the UK"  this is a direct quote from Stephen Woolfe.  If you aren't familiar with the name he is the UKIP migration spokesman and the quote is on the  UKIP website.  I know that UKIP are EU funded and therefore, in your mind,not to be trusted,  but they are the latest party you are supporting.

Davy,is unemployment on the rise in the UK?  I absolutely agree that funding for the training of nurses should be increased as cutting the budget for training new nurses was one of the easier "cost cutting"measures available, although it was a very short sighted one. 

Benefit dependancy is ,in my view, being widely abused ,whether it is the out & out benefit cheat who just doesn't want to work ,the government who are using benefits to top up low pay & limited hours jobs ,or the unscrupulous employers who pay the least possible wages knowing the government will make up any shortfall in benefits & all this is hitting our taxes ,our society.Oh and don't be taken in completely when the government say unemployment is falling because on their system most people with a private pension & who have had to finish work before state pension age are excluded from the benefit system the may have paid into all their working lives.If these people aren't claiming benefit they don't show up  on the unemployment figures.

On a news article last week the BBC were reporting on a drive to replace the minimum wage with the living wage which i believe is assessed at £7 35p /hour.......there are many early retired people who have paid into the system all their working lives getting by on less than half of that figure & only then by plundering their hard earned savings.

....... and if you had read Wolfe & UKIP's position, you'd discover that whilst they are not opposed to selective immigration that imports the skills our economy needs, due to the failiure of successive Govs to develop an effective education and training system, they are opposed to the free movement  of people within the EU. Now whether that "selective" (points based) approach extends to sandwich making, I don't know !   But  would hope it refers to highly skilled. highly paid and highly taxed employment; so that the Treasury would really receive a net benefit.  As for those lower paid jobs;  most haven't received a pay rise since the introduction of austerity; whether this is due to the importation of cheap labour or indigenous benefit dependency is open to question. Either way, both should be tackled.

and did Wolfe and UKIP accept the report findings or did they try to rubbish them like you have?  No mention of the facts being wrong was there ?  I think if they could they would have.Accept it, you were wrong and this report shows you why. As UKIP won't win a general election they can promise and say what they like as it doesnt matter that the sums don't add up as they will never be put into action.  Problem is that some ofthe more gullible amongst us think that they have all the answers.

Whether UKIP accept this report or not, I couldn't care less; I don't and neither will large swaths of the electorate; their more concerned with tangible realities. The gullible are folk who accept any piece of so-called research - that has the stamp of academic on it. There's an old saying "he who pays the piper, calls the tune" !  As for the next election, it will no doubt be another hung Parliament; with some liberal alliance, so even less chance to rectify the situation.

Do you think that it matters whether or not you accept the report?  It is the result of actual research, not just you going round making snap judgements and chatting to a few forrin types .  I see you have now added "academic" to the list of folk you don't much care for. 

Doesn't matter at all, that's why hopefully, it'll be ignored by most !  We still live in a free country and folk are allowed to believe what they want to believe, be it based on experience or perception. Interestingly, we now have a European Court ruling, prompted by the Germans, that allows member countries to combat benefit tourism. But based on this report's argument, it won't be costing anything, so we won't need to do anything about it !

Errrrm No!  If benefit tourisms effect on the figures is applied , the contribution to the countries finances from EU migration will be even higher so again something for all to rejoice in, even haterz like money

:D

p.s.  its good to see that you have gone from denial to ignoring the facts.

Sigh , let me help, in the report what is termed benefit tourism or immigration for benefits is covered and included in the final figure which shows that immigration from the eu ( all of them) is a nett contributor to the treasury. Any future reports which don't have any benefit tourists to count will therefore have one less thing in the out box so rejoice for now and the future ????????????

:lol:  So, the rest, like the guy who just offered to wash my car on a S/Market car park; will be paying tax and NI, and at least be getting the minimum wage; and it's all going through the books, so will show up on the researchers PC screen !  Gullible or what?!  And the latest scam, is now coming from Albania. Though not YET a member of the EU, it seems women are now being trafficked in to claim bogus asylum; doubt this will show up on any researcher's PC screen either!

Why would Bogus asylum seekers from outside the eu show up in the figures regarding eu immigration? That would be stupid. Of course there are always going to be people from all walks of life and all nationalities who avoid paying tax, possibly including the man you met down the market. This just means that if everyone was paying tax and NI , including all immigrants that the nett profit to our countries coffers would be even higher. Your silly little anecdote actually works against your argument on this threads subject. If the thread was about tax avoidance, is it right thrn I imagine we would agree. Rejoice Observer that EU immigrants are presently putting more into the countries treasury than you are. ????????????

It's a damn site more thorough and accurate and true than your trips to the shops anecdotes provide. Anecdotal evidence is tosh, there are eu immigrants paying more tax in a year here than you earned in your entire life but let's just concentrate on the car wash man as he fits your idea of all immigrants. Just accept that you were wrong and you will be able to be happier in the knowledge that these forinerz are helping to pay your pension and are a boon to our great country.. To be honest you are starting to sound like a character out of Little Britain????????????