Rhys Evans

Wirewire

I just wanted to congratulate Rhys on a great performance against Castleford last Friday.

In a very subdued affair I thought he was tremendous, scoring a couple of tries and making, in my opinion, the tackle of the season by running back and tackling the bigger man on the line and managing to keep him from grounding the ball.

Well done Rhys - in my view Man of the Match for that tackle alone, but he just doesn't seem to get the plaudits other players do

Yes he played well.And is a great prospect.

Along with Ben Currie we have two stars of the future.

But what worries me is the dramatic fall in attendances this year just over 8,000 is really bad and unfortunately the atmosphere was equally as bad.

Can't put my finger on it but the fun of match day has gone.

Pre match build up is poor and the Shaun Mellor build up extravaganza we had just a happy memory.

I never miss but only because I am a season ticket holder to the casual fan this seasons fare would hardly encourage a swift return.

But what worries me is the dramatic fall in attendances this year just over 8,000 is really bad and unfortunately the atmosphere was equally as bad.

Can't put my finger on it but the fun of match day has gone.

Pre match build up is poor and the Shaun Mellor build up extravaganza we had just a happy memory.

I never miss but only because I am a season ticket holder to the casual fan this seasons fare would hardly encourage a swift return.

Rhys is not only a great player but a good ambassador for the club off the pitch.

Regarding attendances there is nowt so fickle as fans - it would appear that ever since the club invested in a bigger stadium the crowds have steadily declined.

I know a lot of people who have stopped going because they have lost interest due to all the changes which keep taking the place - and you can generally see about half of Warrington's games on the box.

Regarding attendances there is nowt so fickle as fans - it would appear that ever since the club invested in a bigger stadium the crowds have steadily declined.

I know a lot of people who have stopped going because they have lost interest due to all the changes which keep taking the place - and you can generally see about half of Warrington's games on the box.

Unfortunately this decline and lack of atmosphere has a domino effect and often becomes a very serious problem.

We only need to look at Bradford ,from Bull Mania ten years ago and crowds averaging 13,600 to their current situation is a dire warning what can happen if this situation is allowed to continue.