Comment facility disabled

Gary

We have removed the facility for readers to comment under articles.

It was attracting thousands of spammers and also developed a fault which was causing people to do multiple postings.

So any stories you wish to discuss/comment on will have to be done on here now which has an automated anti-spamming filter.

If you do start a topic relating to a news article can I suggest you include a link back to the article you wish to make a comment on.

Guardian forum don't have auto spam control and lovely wonderful admin/moderators to validate registrations or  zap and human spammers who might get through the net in their tracks before they can even post Bill :wink:

Gosh aren't we all wonderful :lol:

Shame about the news article comments being disabled though and here's hoping all the non forum members who used to comment under them still do via the forum.

• Upvote 1

There is a quick link to new topics from the news page Bill, although admittedly once any new topics about other things get added to the forum they do change quite regularly.

Plenty of people non members regularly read the forum though so I'm sure they will see all the topics.   Whether they all manage to keep up with the topic thread route is another thing  :lol:  

Which is exactly what I suggested ten year ago. :wink:

Just as long as it doesn't end up like the Guardian forum. I looked on there the other day and its nothing but spam with the last real post about six months ago. 

Bill :)

It was only six years ago Bill :wink:

I think this forum will survive as long as it has the likes of Dizzy, Algy, Evil Sid and all the other regulars contributing to it.

It has survived competition, facebook, twitter and just about everything spammers can throw at it.

• Upvote 1

I hope you had your fingers crossed and were touching wood when you mentioned surviving everything spammers have ever thrown at it Gary or I'm off ha ha :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to some of the old regulars hopefully coming back again and some new bods too as I'm fed up of talking to the same people all the time   :lol:  (I'm only joking peeps x x )

PS ASPERITY.... IF YOU ARE READING... GET YOURSELF BACK YOU ARE NOW CLASSED AS AWOL !!

Think everyone’s a bit fed up of the same old same old on here. Gary, where’s your bloody get up and go gone these days? Being content to survive isn’t exactly the sort of thing I’d expect a businessman to say. You need to get your tail into gear and look at ways you can take things forward and try to turn things around. You have something pretty unique here and you’re certainly not making the most of it.

Wake up, smell the coffee and come out for a pint because I reckon you need one. :wink:

Think everyone’s a bit fed up of the same old same old on here. Gary, where’s your bloody get up and go gone these days? Being content to survive isn’t exactly the sort of thing I’d expect a businessman to say. You need to get your tail into gear and look at ways you can take things forward and try to turn things around. You have something pretty unique here and you’re certainly not making the most of it.

Wake up, smell the coffee and come out for a pint because I reckon you need one. :wink:

I can assure you I have plenty of get up and go in the business world - but happy to meet up for a coffee and chat if you think there is a way of making big bucks out of a website forum?