Total Concentration!.

algy

Are you sure he hadn't just dozed off through boredom :lol:  I half expected that to be a pic of my dad too ha ha :wink:

How come the canal banks around Grappenhall are so neat and tidy.  They aren't like that around here (or weren't last time I braved them anyway) so do people do cut the grass and hedges  themselves around there ?

Lovely pics and I recon the top one would look good in b&w too.

Are you sure he hadn't just dozed off through boredom :lol:  I half expected that to be a pic of my dad too ha ha :wink:

How come the canal banks around Grappenhall are so neat and tidy.  They aren't like that around here (or weren't last time I braved them anyway) so do people do cut the grass and hedges  themselves around there ?

Lovely pics and I recon the top one would look good in b&w too.

That's what I thought as I was approaching him and when I took the photo he never moved, I haven't checked but I suppose he could still be sat there, unless of course a big pike has dragged him in. :unsure:

Joking apart, being partial to fishing myself I do understand his demeanour, it's one of total concentration and not taking your eyes off the float in case you miss a bite especially if you have not caught anything up to that moment in time, difficult to believe but he's probably enjoying himself immensely, a beautiful warm sunny and peaceful day, that is until some prat with a camera comes along invading his privacy. :unsure:

Looks like a Roach, red fin, red eye although from that camera angle the mouth appears to be upturned* which the makes me think it may be a Rudd but then the body is not quite full/deep enough so I think she may have caught a Rudd/Roach hybrid?, possibly 3 - 4oz.?.

*Roach have a downturned mouth which makes it a bottom feeder, Rudd have an upturned mouth - top feeder.

PJ's daughters fish just looks really sad and scared to me... hence the down turned mouth maybe and very red eye (was it crying PJ)  :lol:

I had a fishing licence some years back and so did my other half, and our son and his cousin..... my dad put us all off renewing one by one though as he used to scare the life out of us all. 

Really relaxed, tranquil and quiet surroundings then an almighty bellow of 'S T R I KE'  and waving of the arms.   Crikey you need nerves of steel to be anywhere near my dad when he's fishing !!!