Women in the workplace?

observer

There was an item on the news tonight, claiming that more women in the workplace would increase output by 10% - anyone know how they worked this one out?  Assuming a finite number in any particular workforce, and assuming workers (male or female) apply the same work ethic; presumably output would be the same regardless of gender ratios?

Theoretically they supposed to be able to do exactly the same jobs as a bloke; but reality tends not to conform to PC theory. At the end of the day it's horses for coursed; but that's not the question. The claim on TV News, was that "if more women entered the workforce, output would increase by 10%"; assuming that both genders have exactly the same capabilities; and don't have to take maternity leave  or have special concessions to look after sprogs; just what is the justification for such a claim?

I think the Government are trying to argue that if stay at home Mums (like me) went back to work, that would increase the overall workforce by 10% therefore increasing output by 10%. I don't think the claim is that women are 10% more efficient than men. (I couldn't possibly comment!) 

To be honest I just wish the Government would stop hassling me about my work/childcare choices and leave me to organise my family as I see fit.

• Upvote 1

IF they are saying that there is 10% more jobs available than currently occupied, then there's over a million youngsters (of both genders) ready to fill them (assuming they'll get out of bed of course!), or maybe the Romanians and Bulgarians will fill them?!.