Jokey Replies.

harry hayes

Possibly i am not the only one who doesn't always appreciate a quick fire jokey reply. (or a possibly  un-necessary point scoring exercise). Sometimes you put a serious thread up and it often gets a bit devalued by an immediate slightly off topic funny.  I always feel that a thread should be left to run its course before such replies are posted.

Course I'm a bit of a miserable sod and sometimes take things too seriously.  On the other side, i can see that when you think up a funny, there is an unusually strong impetus to get it out

Just a thought.  Nothing life threatening in my posting,   Any views?  you're very welcome to agree or shoot me down.

Happy days

Sometimes it is necessary to consider the works of the great thinkers - Aristotle, Sartre and , of course, Eric of Python

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

Harry, I agree with your sentiments on this matter, the problem is and it's happened to me yesterday, you can become 'sucked in' to confrontation, at 73 you would think I would know better however it appears not, I really will have to try harder at 'walking away' hypothetically speaking. With your police background you probably have the correct attitude of allowing it to roll over you. From now on when I'm tempted I shall think to myself, "no response here then, I shall do a Harry". :wink: