Euro Zone?

observer

My parents were english and what is wrong with calling ourselves english? The scots call themselves scottish. The welsh call themselves welsh so why the hell should we in england (well when I was in england - but even still I am english) not call ourselves english? :angry:

• Upvote 1

You forgot to mention our German Royal family Baz, or have you made them honorary English, to fit with your narrow system :D:wink:

They are of German descent and Greek descent..... but born and bred in England..

I fear yours is the only narrowminded attitude on here Kije; believeing that we should all roll over and let Johnny Foreigner take whatever he wants from us and we have to pay for the priviledge

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (born Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark[2] 10 June 1921)[fn 1] is the husband of Queen Elizabeth II. He is the United Kingdom's longest-serving consort and the oldest serving spouse of a reigning British monarch.[4]

A member of the Danish-German House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, Prince Philip was born in Greece into the Greek royal family, but his family was exiled from Greece when he was a child. After being educated in Germany, England and Scotland, he joined the British Royal Navy at the age of 18 in 1939. From July 1939, he began corresponding with the 13-year-old Princess Elizabeth.

I believe we are British, saying you are English, is just giving Mr Salmon ammunition for his push for Independence, we should be one Nation and that nation should be Britian.

I believe we are British, saying you are English, is just giving Mr Salmon ammunition for his push for Independence, we should be one Nation and that nation should be Britian.

You believe what you wish. I don't give a tuppence ha'penny fart about what you, Alex Salmond, or anyone else believes - I KNOW that I am english - and english I am staying! :lol:

Obs I have said many times I am a fan of Europe, Countries splitting apart takes it further away, also England on its own is a smaller voice in the World, sadly size matters. Also what would happen to are seat at the UN if the Scots went their own way, the seat is a British seat not an English seat. :shock:

Ii agree with you on British identity Obs, but if 3 Countries can combine and become one, I am sure you can see where I am coming from, Countries splitting up takes me further away .

It looks like you and me, for completely different reasons we actually want the same thing, A bit like the 3 main parties over Scotland :wink: