public safety issue it regards unplated taxi & Ph vehi

tara_dad

would you be happy with unplated taxi & Ph  

20 members have voted

1. 1. would you be happy with unplated taxi & Ph

• yes
    • no

I understand Paul what saying but you want the public to keep quite now ?

After 4 years and its about to come to an end where MP. Councillors and taxi licence officer on informing the public in the first place.

not getting at you Paul but you had the good sense to inform the public now thank you.

but should the public not be asking why the council did not act in the first place and why where the public not informed. As the public can clearly see that laws where broken the facts on this forum where true and Gary and Warrington world wide had the guts to let this run with out being cut off and informing the public this is a first for me I would like to thank all ww staff for letting this run and in the end its all coming out . If I was the public now I would be crying out why was no action taken till now and I hope Gary will now follow this story up.

So that all I have to say on this matter and to my critic?s on this matter watch this space going on about something will get results . I, am not fished on this matter just staring now

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?The scheduled pre trial review will consider any points of law that need clarifying before the main court appearance, determining the number of witnesses required, how long the court will be in session and to set a date for the court hearing.?

Why is that then.... surely all that will do is give their 'lawyer' :wink: time resurect or find another loophole.

Guess all the other taxi firms could follow suit if PL's are successful though :D:D

Given the above might I suggest that the aforementioned, Pink Ladies, are no longer discussed until the trial is concluded.

Oops missed that bit and also TD's post too .. :oops:

I can see where you are coming from Paul too but I don't see why there should be a complete shut down on the subject either just becasue it's going to court. I doubt that anyone will post anything that will be really detrimental to, or sway, the hearing.

Anyway I'll shut up for now :lol::wink::P

I wonder what the public also have to say with the council about letting them get into these cars with out being insured. And council knowing this and not warning the public about the dangers and in the mean time the public are putting there. daughters, sons, wife, small children in theses cars there should be a public out cry on that just alone I just hope the press follow it up TV is who I have been involved with 4 years tis as taken 2 years from the law change remmber the coucil have the power to take them off the road next day by law with the power of the police untill they are fully Licensed or been to court. yet they are still not off the road

There over 7,000 taxi and private hire drivers against them its not only for this town this is all over and do the public know they where not insured? just think if any thing would have happen the passages would get nothing???. all licensed cabs have to be insured to 3 mill on there public liability. Just think if anything would have happened they would get nothing now ask them if they are a good thing ? Remember the campaign your safe with us that?s if we are not in a crash. Then your on your own. and if your dead your family get nothing. should that now be there campaign

Public safety issues warning as you may be aware that a disability group site in Warrington that advertises a cab firm that is unlicensed to transport the public around Warrington after number of emails to them and under the freedom of information act 2000 section 14 (Vexatious or repeated requests) (1) (2) I would advise that you first ring Warrington Taxi and Private Hire licence office to ask if you use the above cabs are you covered by insurance as you may find out that you are not as under the freedom of information act 200 under section 16 Duty to provide advice and assistance 1) It shall be the duty of a public authority to provide advice and assistance, so far as it would be reasonable to expect the authority to do so, to persons who propose to make, or have made, requests for information to it.

(2) Any public authority which, in relation to the provision of advice or assistance in any case, conforms with the code of practice under section 45 is to be taken to comply with the duty imposed by subsection (1) in relation to that case.

If this is going to be taken off please can you state your reasons why

It's Paul's fault for suggesting people didn't say anything more since true to form you say, "So thats all I have got to say on the matter"; this prompts sighs of relief all round and then you post another five times. :roll:

• 4 weeks later...

Pink ladies official statement to them braking the law by running unlicensed cabs and putting the public in danger aong with my comments

POTENTIAL RIPA POWERS ABUSE BY WARRINGTON BC IN ISSUING PROCEEDINGS AGAINST INDIVIDUALS CONNECTED TO PINK LADIES

Andrea Winders and Tina Dutton, of Pink Ladies, recipients of many awards and accolades for innovation, receive personal summons from Warrington Borough Council, gained by using methods which may flout RIPA powers.

My comments??? received awards for what as reported 27th December 2006

PINK Ladies Ltd has been bought out - by Warrington Pink Ladies Ltd.

The firm voluntarily put itself into administration at the start of November.

It provides a women-only taxi service but several franchise operations around the country had failed. and then opened franchises in London and Carlisle. These have now closed i.e. failed.

Using RIPA protocol, Warrington BC employees booked two Pink Ladies club cars, and had the drivers taken to what was effectively an ambush, where Police carried out vehicle checks, then stepped aside for Council licensing officials to pose questions regarding the club, vehicles and driver?s employment status.

My comments??.this is used in all taxi and private hire case to find out any one and who is reported in one braking the law or rules this is done by the Police, Taxi licensing office, DHSS, Immigration or Customs and Excise.

Karen McFarlane, one of the drivers said, ?I felt very intimidated, and was rather shocked at the Council?s actions.?

My comments ?.what about the people whom have lost vast of money here just two John Ottoway, the Hull franchisee, said he paid ?22,000 for his franchise and was told he would need seven cars and seven staff, with a potential income of ?12,000 a month. He said, instead, he was taking ?700 a month.

The London franchisee, a 24-year-old who asked not to be named, said he has taken legal action for ?100,000 for a lack of support and inaccurate information on potential earnings. He said he was told he could expect ?12-15,000 a month but was getting less than ?500."It's going to take me five to 10 years to recover from this," he said.

"They have never responded to our legal letters."

Since its inception Pink Ladies has argued that it is not a taxi service, that it is a unique organisation, and should be judged as such.

My comments?.but from others who have things to say , Peter Endean, of the Plymouth Limousine Association, said city limos were licensed by the Government's Vehicle and Operators Services Agency, and not the council, paying about GBP100 a year, and added: "Maybe they (Pink Ladies) have a good idea: a gimmick. But if you're operating anything for reward you have to have a licence of some description."

From magazine Risking showing my ignorance about this story, Do I presume that these females wish to use the vehicles for hire and reward without the taxi licence?, If so, why do they think they should be unhindered in doing so?. The licensing requirements are there to protect the public, not to be dismissed by a group of featherbrained females to enhance their bank balances. How could their business not be effected by not having the licence???? What kind of dumb person would, knowingly, use a unlicensed cab?? The mind boggles!!!

Lizzard, Devon

?We will fight this all the way to the High Court. We are NOT a taxi service. We are a unique organisation. A round peg in a square hole. We do not fit within current legislation, therefore Warrington BC has decided to issue court proceedings against us personally. Is this an abuse of RIPA powers? I believe so? said Andrea.

My comments????. its law at the end of day they say Pink Ladies has been lobbying parliament over a change in taxi licensing laws that will stop the firm operating without a licence??.. so they want to be a taxi at the end but not pay for it ?there words not mine?

?If we had not been involved in the toing and froing we would not have believed that an organisation, supposedly charged with acting in the public interest, could behave in such a way? added Tina.

My comments??in public interest your not licensed and are braking the law they why your going to court and you should not be taking the public any wear you are putting them in danger and have no insurance ?

During four years of trading Pink Ladies has had to raise complaints about harassment, information leaks by senior Council officials, and restriction of business.

My comments ?.here are some others who are not against the idled Harry Hunter-Young, boss of 26-cab Star Cars, said: "It's bang out of order. We have no objection to them (Pink Ladies) coming in - but they should be licensed.

Peter Endean, of the Plymouth Limousine Association, said city limos were licensed by the Government's Vehicle and Operators Services Agency, and not the council, paying about GBP100 a year, and added: "Maybe they (Pink Ladies) have a good idea: a gimmick. But if you're operating anything for reward you have to have a licence of some description."

Haled by some members as a lifeline, the unique club has around 15% of the females of Warrington as live members ? a total of around 14000.

The club has a fleet of pink cars, which form part of the benefits to women who sign up to Pink Ladies Members Club. In addition to the cars the club produces a magazine, has discounts in shops/restaurants, and arranges days out.

Originally launched in response to concerns for safety of women, the club has been able to contribute significantly to issues over its lifetime:

My comments??.. you are running on Scare tactics alone you can check on the inter net that it?s a small number who are taxi or private hire drivers whom have been responsible its as been mostly unlicensed cabs who have been responsible just like how you are running the business now

Uncovering a ring grooming teenagers for prostitution

Coming to the aid of a frightened lady, who alleged that she had been attacked and left stranded in a country lane

Providing advice and help to members in times of distress

Inspirational talks to schools and colleges

My comments???? just like I said above

In fact, the contribution that Pink Ladies has made to local and national issues was recognised by Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth, in December 2006, when she invited Tina and Andrea to a reception at Buckingham Palace.

My comments??PINK Ladies Ltd has put itself into administration - and one franchisee has said he is suing the company. Not once only as well and lots of her subjects have lost a lot of well earned money as well as life saving wonder what the queen would say about that

?The distress caused by this action against us personally is immeasurable. A Council employee turned up at our homes to hand deliver court papers, which was rather heavy-handed. We even had to stand up in court last week and defend ourselves, as there were complications in our legal representation, and despite asking for an adjournment the Council tried to force the proceedings through to their advantage, when they had previously adjourned the case to gather more evidence? stated Andrea.

My comments?????.. do not brake law and do not put the public in danger and get licensed is it me but if I was running this company I would be scramming out for a licence

Andrea and Tina plan to rally members, and have as many present in court as possible, to show Warrington BC the level of support.

?As the hearing is on a week day, we don?t expect hundreds to attend, but a representative few of our ladies would be great,? said Tina, ?our members know that we are not a taxi service. Many of the drivers go as far as to take ladies into their homes, and on occasions have even made them a cuppa.?

My comments???. here is one for you go visit them who have lost there life saving by you here what a who lost there life saving said It's going to take me five to 10 years to recover from this," he said.

"They have never responded to our legal letters."

James Parry, of Nadim Associates (Birkenhead), the solicitor defending Pink Ladies said, ?It is a matter of great regret that Warrington Borough Council has abandoned any attempt to work with this award winning business, that has gone to great lengths to promote a safe and green environment within the borough, in favour of prosecution, in circumstances where the Council?s case appears to ill conceived.

One would have hoped that in the current environment the Council would have had the foresight to encourage businesses to demonstrate innovation and promote the area. Instead the Council?s officials appear to be keen to deter businesses from innovation within Warrington. We have considerable confidence in the strengths of our client?s case and regret that council tax payers and legal aid monies will be wasted as a result of the Council?s decision to bring this case?.

The Council may have underestimated the strength of feeling of the members, because for many Pink Ladies is more like an extension of the family.

One member, Cheryl, was infuriated when she heard about the Council?s court action ?What provisions are Warrington BC going to give parents whose children are collected by Pink Ladies? Along with the rest of the single parents, if Pink Ladies is no longer I will not be able to afford child care, and I will become ANOTHER Government statistic claiming benefit and not paying rates?.

Another lady, who is a pensioner, has written a letter of support, in which she states that she has ?no family left alive, and if it were not for Pink Ladies I would have little or no contact with the outside world. At times of the year, like Christmas, when I am particularly lonely, I value every second that I spend with Pink Ladies.?

And the final word should probably go to Elspeth, a member ? ?I am sure that voters who use Pink Ladies wish it to stay in its present capacity as a members club, as it is a boon to women?.

Many of the drivers go as far as to take ladies into their homes, and on occasions have even made them a cuppa.?

OH MY GOD..... WHAT IF THERE IS A MAN IN THAT HOUSE???

and don't we have social services for that sort of thing :lol::lol:

they have to take them to another house where no men are alowed or they will kung fu there butts

As its says in Grand Mistress Dutton hand book when time comes that Pink Shrimps can take the golden credit card out of Mistress Winders hand its time for them to leave the Pink Temple to enter the big bad world with only armed with a pink wagon to rid the world of all bad men. But they must beware of there nemesis Warrington taxi licensing department who give licences to English and immigrants workers who have to work hard for little pay and work long hours to just pay for licences . All Pink Shrimp quest is to rome the bad lands of Warrington and to get rid of men by making them walk home so they will get blisters and never come out again.

could this be the shape of things to come???

BEIJING (Reuters) - Taxi drivers in a central Chinese city went on strike Thursday to protest against illegal competition from physically disabled people who were using their vehicles as cabs, state media reported.

China has been hit by a wave of taxi strikes over the past year with drivers complaining about unlicensed competition, fuel prices and rising rental fees as the economy comes under strain from the global financial crisis.

The latest strike, involving hundreds of taxi drivers in Chenzhou city in Hunan province, fell exactly 20 years after the June 4, 1989 Tiananmen crackdown, but there was no indication that the cabbies intended any link to the sensitive anniversary.

About 180 physically disabled people have used their vehicles to carry passengers for profit in Chenzhou, where there are nearly 1,000 licensed taxis, Xinhua news agency reported.

Taxi drivers returned to work after the city's mayor promised to stamp out the illegal business, it added.

one official was quoted as saying that some of them haven't got a leg to stand on. :roll: