The NHS v Private

Gary

I use the on-line prescription service for me and mrs sid.

login using my details and my medicines come up on screen. tick the boxes for those that i need. press order prescription and confirm. This then is signed electronically by the doctors and sent to whatever chemist i have chosen. after that i can arrange with the chemists to have them delivered to my door or pick them up myself whichever.

Basically it is like handing in the repeat prescription form to the doctors but without having to leave the house and saves on paper. The only time i have to see the doctor or practice nurse is for an annual health check up or a flu jab. or the odd occasion when i am actually "ill" or have a concern over an unexpected pain such as a groin strain or similar.

• Upvote 1

On 8/1/2019 at 4:12 PM, asperity said:

The idea that any business in the USA would want to buy "Our NHS", complete with its untouchable "public service" workforce, vast annual losses and bottomless pit of liabilities, is hilarious. But the left wing find the threat of it a useful weapon to brandish against those "evil Tory child murderers".

Tony Blair (labour) did a very poor job of trying to privetise the NHS through the PFI initiative. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...