Things are turning nasty

asperity

In my experience the British are probably amongst the least racist nations on earth.

A small anecdote: Yesterday I boarded an Arriva bus in Wigan coming back to Warrington. At the same stop 2 other guys got on board, the first being in his 20s and of Indian or Pakistani/Bangladeshi appearance and the second probably in his 40s and also of the same appearance. The first guy bought his ticket and sat down behind me then the second one showed the driver a return ticket which he said he got on a Stagecoach bus that morning. Of course our driver told him it wasn't valid on an Arriva bus, it being a Stagecoach ticket (this strikes me as strange as Stagecoach don't run any buses into our out of Warrington to my knowledge), and told the man he could pay for a ticket or get off. He refused to do either and the driver said he wasn't moving until he did. Eventually another man got off the bus saying he was calling the police. The younger Asian guy went to speak to the older one to try to talk some sense into him but no joy. So I went to the driver and asked how much the ticket to Warrington was -£2.80- so I said OK I'll pay for him. But the driver now said that as the other man had phoned the police he wasn't going to sell a ticket until either the police arrived or the man got off the bus. Well I tried! I asked the younger guy where the troublemaker was from and he told me Pakistan and that he was drunk, hadn't I smelt the alcohol on him? Now we come to the interesting bit, the Pakistani guy decided to go on the offensive and started shouting that all us "whites" were racists! Nobody had said anything to him apart from the younger guy, me and the driver and we hadn't been abusive in any way, however this is the way things go - all whites are racists and there is no way to prove otherwise.

Eventually two officials from the bus station came on board - they had been alerted by the police that there was trouble on the bus and had come to investigate. They managed to persuade the guy to walk to the bus station where they would find him a Stagecoach bus to take him wherever. So we left Wigan 25 minutes late because a Pakistani "gentleman" can't take his ale 😂.

Boring story I know but I wasn't doing anything else this wet afternoon 😎.

1 hour ago, Davy51 said:

Aren't we all part of the human race ? We must all be the same otherwise nature would make us as unattractive to other nationalities so as not to want to inter breed .

This from the bloke who had to have racist slurs removed by admin lol  great to see you have had an epiphany 🙏

55 minutes ago, Observer II said:

In which case, it is impossible to be "racist", as there is only one race - the human race !     😉

And you value all equally and treat all with the same respect regardless of race , creed and colour .  Oh my aching sides

43 minutes ago, Observer II said:

Of course, my contempt for you isn't described as "racist" because presumably your white, but the same contempt applied to an ethnic, would immediately be described as racist by your lot.

Racist outbursts would of course be described by me as racist,  seems to me you wouldn't even know you had done it as according to you Racism is just something made up by brain washed snowflakes. Tell me, do you use the N word? and if so do you do it in public, and if so do you use it in front of black people?  

p.s why do you presume I am white?

44 minutes ago, Observer II said:

Of course, my contempt for you isn't described as "racist" because presumably your white, but the same contempt applied to an ethnic, would immediately be described as racist by your lot.

If you said I have contempt for that man, I would accept it as a valid comment, if you said I hate (insert ethnic/racial/sexual orientation here) I would find you repulsive.

3 minutes ago, Davy51 said:

Well PJ you are telling me something i have absolutely no knowledge of . Perhaps you could enlighten me .

I genuinely believe you are beyond my ability to enlighten.  Tell you what,  search back or search your soul, I'm sure you will find the truth ;)

pssssst   look to the East

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Davy51 said:

I genuinely don't believe i have intentionally made any racist slurs on here PJ & can only apologise if i have inadvertently done so. I have certainly had no feedback from the admins on such a matter.

Davy51,  here I absolutely believe you as at the time Admin performed extremely poorly in my opinion,  which is sad as they are normally on the ball.

p.s.  I did let my displeasure be known.

2 hours ago, P J said:

Racist outbursts would of course be described by me as racist,  seems to me you wouldn't even know you had done it as according to you Racism is just something made up by brain washed snowflakes. Tell me, do you use the N word? and if so do you do it in public, and if so do you use it in front of black people?  

p.s why do you presume I am white?

Well?

• Haha 1