Five storey apartment blocks given the go-ahead

Latchford Locks

I've just read the news story and not only is it ridiculous that our council have approved a 5 story block of flats on such a small but heavily used road in close proximity to a swing bridge and high level bridge crossing but gawd the artists impression of what it will look like makes me wonder what the designers/architects were on when they drew that up.  It's bloody awful...just a big ugly 'blot on the landscape' box with doors and windows.  

As for the 200 cars mentioned above. Where does that figure come from?  With 189 dwellings it could be way more that 200 cars.  Most couples have a car each these days not to mention people visiting them or indeed those with older kids who then also get their own cars.  I recon the number of extra cars will be way in excess of 200.   

Saying that how many houses and apartments did they build on the old Naylors Wood Yard site off Chester Road...or the old Greenalls site off Wilderspool/Loushers Lane.  I'm sure both were around 400  units on each and traffic is sort of OK...ish.

Only time will tell though eh and I guess we could all just move away to some lovely little quiet village in Wales or Scotland somewhere while we can still drive out of Warrington before total gridlock hems us in for good ha ha ;) 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dizzy said:

I've just read the news story and not only is it ridiculous that our council have approved a 5 story block of flats on such a small but heavily used road in close proximity to a swing bridge and high level bridge crossing but gawd the artists impression of what it will look like makes me wonder what the designers/architects were on when they drew that up.  It's bloody awful...just a big ugly 'blot on the landscape' box with doors and windows.

Reminds me of some Murky Communist housing block in Eastern Europe during the 1960's👥