Creamfields.... Goodnight !

Dizzy

Thank god it's finished !!   Friday and Saturday nights weren't to bad where I live but tonight (Sunday) was ridiculously loud and not only could we feel the vibrations in our house and hear the music really loud outside but we could even hear the DJ (or whatever they are called these days) shouting over his microphone too.  

He was a foul mouthed idiot and was there really any need to constantly use the 'F' word ? .... clearly there was in his eyes and maybe that's what boom boom festivals are like !

I dread to think what it all must have been like tonight for the people who live a lot closer to it than we do and I've never ever heard it so loud in all the years it's been on. 

You're right about it being loud last night Dizzy, I could hear it here in Penketh a good 3 miles away, through double glazing and over the sound of the TV. Not loud enough to hear the bad language though! At first I thought it was my next door neighbour having a party. :?

Is this the same Dizzy who tells me I should open my ears and appreciate all sorts of music?

Yes Adam as there is only one Dizzy on here and that is of course me. 

If you read my post I never actually said I didn't like 'boom boom' music, it was the exceptionally high sound level and the foul language I was complaining about.  Some 'boom boom dance' music is not too bad but most of it is so boring and monotonous it's not something I tend to buy or listen to a lot.  My neighbours really like it though and often play it and they went to Creamfields too so each to their own.

I call it 'boom boom' music as bass is the loudest bit and that was what was causing the vibrations and annoyance from there yesterday.  I was going to call it dance music but then people dance to most genres of music so that would have been confusing.  I wonder what it is really called....

Could you hear it too then or have you just suddenly appeared so you can just going to go off on one of your usual rants about everything that in your opinion is not 'propper' music as you seem to have missed the point of this topic   :wink:

My, my Dizzy. We are serious arn't we!

Each to their own - you are quite right. But not if it effects others. Creamfields should not be allowed in that location and the fact that it is is a sign that the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

I agreed with everything you said in your original post.  It is deplorable that music of any sort of music should be played so loud that it disturbs people miles away.

But you wouldn't get DJs (announcers) using F words at a Halle concert would you?

Blimey Adam it seems we have both finally agreed on something  :D  :wink: 

Wolfie, maybe I should contact Creamfields and suggest they tell their announcers to use one of those words next year instead.... so instead of him shouting 'Lets make some F***** noise'  for the whole of Warringon to hear he could just shout 'Fortissimo'.... everyone there would probably look at him blankly though but I/we would all still understand :wink::lol:

Oh and here's another question about Creamfields....

They always say that the local economy benefits by it being here... but HOW and where does the local economy benefit?

For example the local Spar (now One Stop) near the Stag Pub/Chester Road swing bridge has always been really busy over the Creamfields weekend and in the past have virtually sold out so they now stock more to cover the weekend.  Sales always soar especially on the food, snacks and beer sales but this year they say they have hardly had anyone in at all.  I was really surprised to see full shelves when I went in today which is how we got chatting about it.  Their beer/alcohol prices were the same as the supermarkets so it's not like they had put the prices up and were over expensive or anything

Apparently the reasons is that this year Creamfields decided to more than half their own prices and were selling crates of beers ON SITE for the same price as supermarkets so people bought from there instead of elsewhere.  Clever and more money for the organisers fat pockets.

• Upvote 1

So,  'WHO DIDN'T LET THE DOGS OUT' then ??? Will be interesting to see if this tragedy results in any prosecution if the animals died from neglect. Also interesting to see if terms of the now INDEFINITE LICENCE given to Creamfields by Halton Council from this year includes for private security with back up of this particular breed of dangerous dogs. Doubt if Police had dogs or horses on or close to the site and congrats to them in referring dog deaths to RSPCA - just hope the animals don't test positive on PM.

I wonder how many of them put their prices up?  One couple go charged £20 for a taxi from the town centre to Creamfields.  OUCH !!

Saying that if I was a taxi driver I'd have definately charged way more than normal for any return journey fares after seeing how muddy everyone was :lol: :lol:

Ahh PM... I see what you mean now. 

As for females being the worst for the other, well all I can say is that I've never had that problem and unlike the males in my family I've never had to hide behind a tree in a forest or had to wee in a bottle either :lol: :lol:  :wink: