Mike Nicholas talks Charlie Winslade

Latchford Locks

Found this item on The Daily Mail website and thought I would share it...

As a 9 year old my family used to holiday  with Charlie and his family at a North Wales caravan site.

I used to wrestle with him and I always won :P  He was (to me at 4 foot nothing ) an absolutely gigantic monster !

He must have had the patience of Job to put up with me...great man.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/article-2294012/SIX-TACKLES-WITH-MIKE-NICHOLAS-Banning-shoulder-charge-watershed-moment-British-rugby-league.html

Plus there is a good video with Mike at the end of the article.

Mike is so right, how the BH can you ban shoulder charging in a full on contact sport like Rugby League, by definition it's almost unavoidable and going to make the refs game a nightmare, what are they trying to do, turn the game into a nancy boy sport like Football, where players roll about in sham agony so their team's are awarded freekicks/penalties, God forbid. :roll:

Mike is so right, how the BH can you ban shoulder charging in a full on contact sport like Rugby League, by definition it's almost unavoidable and going to make the refs game a nightmare, what are they trying to do, turn the game into a nancy boy sport like Football, where players roll about in sham agony so their team's are awarded freekicks/penalties, God forbid. :roll:

I fear that is the way our sport is headed.. what next .. dress our players up like American Footballers ???

Please say I have an over active imagination.. :cry:

090926-Saint-Olaf-vs-Augsburg-American-F

Nothing against a genuine shoulder charge but there are some characters who stretch the rules to breaking point....A  crafty head or shoulder to the jaw is often slipped in under the guise of a shoulder charge. Rangi Chase is a fine exponent of the art and always gets away with it...He badly injured a Featherstone player last season but claimed it was a shoulder charge...He's a nasty piece of business.

Nothing against a genuine shoulder charge but there are some characters who stretch the rules to breaking point....A  crafty head or shoulder to the jaw is often slipped in under the guise of a shoulder charge. Rangi Chase is a fine exponent of the art and always gets away with it...He badly injured a Featherstone player last season but claimed it was a shoulder charge...He's a nasty piece of business.

Safeway, if you know this then game officials must also be aware of this player and should encourage him to change his attitude to the game, if he won't, then get shut of him, don't change the rules to prevent a handfull of rogue players from injuring other players and ruining the game!.

Don't get rid of the age old shoulder charge....

Get rid of the player... simple :wink: