Manx Grand Prix (motor cycling) on ITV4

Geoffrey Settle

Just received this snippet from the Isle of Man Marshall's about the Grand Prix Motorcycle racing that takes place in August - It was under threat last year but has now been backed by the Manx Government after a lot of hard lobbying - below is a taster of things on TV next month. If you are a biker I think that you will enjoy :mrgreen:.... the email reads as follows:

For those of you who may not yet have heard, ITV 4 will be airing a one hour documentary on the MGP, called Grand Prix Racer. Feb 5 at 8 pm. Full 90 minute version will be available on DVD in March. Here's the trailer..

Also on starting on ITV 4 on Monday 4th Feb (not sure what time) there will be an 8 part series on the TT Legends.

And, lastly, if you haven't read them there are some great riders' blogs on the MGP website. All well worth a read!

And why should I - it wouldn't be much of a race would it - the roads are all closed on race day and it's a LIVE circuit? - it's the Isle of Man and it's a full blown race!

Here's a lap with Guy Martin

- it was great of him and John McGuiness to come to Grappenhall last year to help raise money for the riders charity.

Geoff, brilliant bike racing on ordinary roads, I do have some reservations though as you can be certain that one (or more) of the riders who travels to the island is almost certain to be killed and I don't find that acceptable, when you think BSB and MotoGP race throughout the year mostly without a fatality!. These riders are taking bends at well over a ton and within a few centimeters of garde walls.

Depending on the source there have been between 225 and 239 riders killed taking part in the TT.

Fly with Ian Hutchinson on a lap of the TT course, watch it in 720p HD setting, full screen, earphones on with the volume cranked up and just concentrate on the road ahead for 17 mins +.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNp_GIxmshY

Algy , Hutchy is a brilliant rider and it was great seeing him win all 6 races in a week! the other year but not about hearing that he'd smashed his leg up on a track circuit - still he was back the next year will a black plastic bag around his leg on a parade lap - you just can't keep these guys off their bikes 8)

If we have to drive around Warrington at 20mph I think the TT should be banned when people are getting killed every year.

I bet more people have been killed doing the TT thing in the past 10 years than were killed by drivers doing 30mph in Warrington and yet you as a councillor seem to think that is OK?

Beats me

If we have to drive around Warrington at 20mph I think the TT should be banned when people are getting killed every year.

I bet more people have been killed doing the TT thing in the past 10 years than were killed by drivers doing 30mph in Warrington and yet you as a councillor seem to think that is OK?

Beats me

No person hit by a car ever had more chance of surviving because the car was going faster.  The 20 limits don't bother me tbh as i see very little in the way of disruption to my daily life because of it.  Quite what Warringtons speed limits have to do with the TT races is beyond me.

No person hit by a car ever had more chance of surviving because the car was going faster.  The 20 limits don't bother me tbh as i see very little in the way of disruption to my daily life because of it.  Quite what Warringtons speed limits have to do with the TT races is beyond me.

As I posted earlier in this topic over 200 riders have died at the TT, and non of them due to Warrington Borough Council's traffic or any other policies. I really don't see the connection.