In God's hands -

observer

The family of a comatose brain damaged Muslim man, are taking legal action against an NHS Trust, to force them to administer resucitation treatment if required. They say that "only God can decide" on this issue. Well, if the Doctor's are knocking off resucitation treatment, surely that IS allowing "God to decide"? :unsure:

• Upvote 1

Or are the doctors playing God? :unsure:

The moors monster, it seems, even after leaving written instruction that he was not to be resucitated in the event of his losing conciousness, was resucitated after he had apparantly died for several minutes. Another doctor playing God? :unsure:

Perhaps they hadn't had time to read the notes.

I think he is classed as a mentally ill patient and not a prisoner therefore they probably cannot treat him according to his own wishes as he isn't regarded as being in any fit state to make that judgement. Not saying I think its right though.

I think he is classed as a mentally ill patient and not a prisoner therefore they probably cannot treat him according to his own wishes as he isn't regarded as being in any fit state to make that judgement. Not saying I think its right though.

That is quite so P J. That is why he was being interviewed by a phsyciatrist, by his request, at the time he started to fit then died. To find out if he was in a right state of mind whereby he could have been transferred to a normal prison, where they would legally have been unable to force feed him to keep him alive.

The family of a comatose brain damaged Muslim man, are taking legal action against an NHS Trust, to force them to administer resucitation treatment if required. They say that "only God can decide" on this issue.

Shouldn't they remove him to a Mosque then God can decide without interference?