Tom Hardwick

dave asp1

Their manager said in their local paper that he had placed a weeks notice on an 'experienced defender,' obviously this has turned out to be Tom. They've lost their captain who is a centre back for the season because of injury so they were in need of a replacement

Strangely earlier in the season the Skem manager said that Warrington Town were not a good enough to get to the play-offs. It now seems that he is going to be reliant on ex-town players to try and keep Skem in the mix. How things seem to change in the world of football. Could it be a bit of panic setting in.

Tom was only as good as Tommo made him look.He didn't have the leadership qualities that were needed.Nice lad, not a bad player, but seemed unable to "shout" at the team when necessary.

Now River and Tommo should be very solid.

Well done to Joey for getting Tommo back.

I take it Tommo will only be on the bench tomorrow?

Worst time to lose a solid player in Hardwick, but Tommo makes up for it in away. Won't rely on Tommo to put in solid performances too much for this first month or so.

It's his brain and leadership qualities that have been missed and they will make a big difference on the pitch.

I take it Tommo will only be on the bench tomorrow?

Worst time to lose a solid player in Hardwick, but Tommo makes up for it in away. Won't rely on Tommo to put in solid performances too much for this first month or so.

Even if he sits on the bench a good captain can still lead his team, but I feel he will want to get stuck in from the outset