Where was this photo taken.

algy

it does look at bit spooky Dizz, when you think it was taken nearly a hundred and fifty years ago probably by an amature I don't suppose it's too bad. Oh! by the way the place is not that obscure. :wink:

It is spooky Algy....as it looks like a slightly older photo of one I was just about to upload last night. You put yours on just as I had uploaded mine to photobucket and copied the link to post in a new topic. :unsure:

I'm pretty confident it's the same place so I am not guessing but I'll look blummin stupid now if it isn't eh :lol:

It is spooky Algy....as it looks like a slightly older photo of one I was just about to upload last night. You put yours on just as I had uploaded mine to photobucket and copied the link to post in a new topic. :unsure:

I'm pretty confident it's the same place so I am not guessing but I'll look blummin stupid now if it isn't eh :lol:

Cleo I owe you an apology, for some unknown reason I didn't pick up on you saying Stockton Heath and you are absolutely correct it is the village centre before they called it 'Victoria Square' I am pretty sure Pigeon Bank was to the right of the picture, could be that all the 'old boys' are pigeon fanciers either getting ready to release their pigeons or meeting up after having done so. The clue about the local hop was referring to the dance that teenagers used to go to at St. Thomas's Church Hall!.

Dizz I felt sure Grapp's would have appeared for this one.

Here's the one I was going to upload Algy. A few years later than yours I suspect going by the buildings etc.

s3.jpg

And a few others even later with the original impressive building on the corner which was knocked down some years back but thankfully rebuilt in keeping with the original after some persuasion

s1.jpg

StocktonHeathHilalBuildingbuiltc190.jpg

and from a lightly different angle showing the old police station (not the one that is there today)

s2.jpg

Seemed relevant to put them in your topic Algy rather than a seperate one, I hope you don't mind.