Where was this Transport Company's Depot..

arty69uk

think we may be in Raddon court again with the Brook Inn the nearest pub, although the photograph could be from a bit earlier. Their office was in Arpley street just up from the police station in the late fifties and sixties.

At one time the London part they let their standards slip which reflected down here.

Happy days

think we may be in Raddon court again with the Brook Inn the nearest pub, although the photograph could be from a bit earlier. Their office was in Arpley street just up from the police station in the late fifties and sixties.

At one time the London part they let their standards slip which reflected down here.

Happy days

Happy days they were...(that was Buckleys Transport.)...Clue ...This company was not far from a cross..

we had to drive to London all night through dense fog

Oh you want a pub too and no I wasntt, my momma always warned me not to get lifts from strange men. :blink:

The Farmer's Arms.

spot on ..yes your mother was correct we were very strange men*+***! We had to drive all night to London through dense fog. ice .snow ect.ect.ect.. get the hanky out....

That photo brought back a memory Arty. I had a family friend in 1959, Sam Rowlands (?) who drove the exact same truck shown in the photo, but for Buckley's. Because I had been sidelined for a few months due to a motorcycle accident, he offered to let me do a trip with him as a break. The motorways had only just opened, but because of the fog and the fact that the drivers didn't like them yet, we went the old way on the 'A-50' (?) to London. The next morning over breakfast we saw in the paper the report on the massive pile-up on the M-6 at Martinscroft. Phew, that was a close call.