Algy got the last one....what about this one??

Bazj

Well Baz seeing as no one else seems to be having a go, it's Crossfield's fire brigade with their two steam driven pump engines at first I thought the engines were the same as Warringtons and that it was the town's brigade, it isn't, as there is a distinct difference in the length of the chimneys between the two different brigades engines, compare your photo with the one of Warrington's below.

CROSFIELD'S BRIGADE.

1920CrosfieldsFireBrigade.jpg

WARRINGTON'S BRIGADE.

1900sQueenStreetFireStationSteamFireEnginesCaptainMajorwithCrews.jpg

It is indeed Crosfields fire brigade Algy....

I am looking for any photos of the last fire engine they had (The Dennis one that was in the town centre this year at the classic show)

Your photo of the brigade looks like it was taken in the same location but at a later time than mine judging by the uniforms

It is indeed Crosfields fire brigade Algy....

I am looking for any photos of the last fire engine they had (The Dennis one that was in the town centre this year at the classic show)

Your photo of the brigade looks like it was taken in the same location but at a later time than mine judging by the uniforms

Baz is it you who are interested in vintage vehicles if so have a look here there are hundreds of photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/homer----simpson/

Is this the one Baz.

23657.jpg

Great old pics Baz and Algy.

I like fire brigade photos as my mums uncle (va marriage) was the Superintendant of Warrington Fire Brigade and was awarded the Kings Medal in 1910/11 for his services.

You may have seen mention of him in some of the Warrington Museum Local History books as my mum lent the museum some of her photo's at one time although not sure if she ever got them back as we don't seem to have many of them now. :blink:

Also her father's cousin was Alderman Arthur Bennett who was photgraphed standing on the crumbling frame of the Old Crow Inn as it was being demolished (again as shown in one book by the museum)

Not that any of that really helps you in your quest for photo's Baz but it seemed sort of relevant to me, sorry :oops::oops:

Great old pics Baz and Algy.

I like fire brigade photos as my mums uncle (va marriage) was the Superintendant of Warrington Fire Brigade and was awarded the Kings Medal in 1910/11 for his services.

You may have seen mention of him in some of the Warrington Museum Local History books as my mum lent the museum some of her photo's at one time although not sure if she ever got them back as we don't seem to have many of them now. :blink:

Also her father's cousin was Alderman Arthur Bennett who was photgraphed standing on the crumbling frame of the Old Crow Inn as it was being demolished (again as shown in one book by the museum)

Not that any of that really helps you in your quest for photo's Baz but it seemed sort of relevant to me, sorry :oops::oops:

ere' you are Dizz!

1910May17thTheOldCrowafterburningdown.jpg

That's him... the bloke in the bowler hat on the left :D

According to my mums hand written notes (a bit faded now as she always used to write her corrections in her copies of published books in pencil as she ranted and raved about their errors or ommissions...so maybe I should overwrite them in pen so they are not lost as I now have more of an interest).... but aparently he also lad the foundation stone for the police station too :wink:

Seems H&S was not an issue in those days though eh as that really doesn't look safe to be stood on, bowler hat or not :lol:

Anyway back to Baz's fire station and engines or he will be telling me off and tracking down my family to tell them how much I really do ramble on (like they don't already know ha ha) :shock::oops::lol: