Where were these two taken?.

algy

I was going to say Wash Lane too (only because of the Plague House topic where it mentioned the road flooding and the stream) and the fact that the building looks like a Church.

So I've got no idea about the second one now but H&S these days would certainly insist on a fence there to stop the little poppets playing or falling in.

Could it be Grappenhall somewhere or near Lumb Brook ? Probably not but worth a guess.

Right now for the top one...

Is the old narrow cobbled part of Bridge Street running from left to right ?

Missed your post Wireboy as it wasn't there as I was slow typing again sorry.

But theres a thought ... I was thinking lower end of Bridge Street somewhere but I don't think there were many full roads cutting straight across so Buttermarket would make sense as it was a biggie.

Of course I could also be making myself look completely stupid as usual and I know I;ve seen it somewhere before too but can't for the like of me remember where, so don't you worry about looking daft :lol:

Going to have a crack at the top one and I fear I may make myself look stupid. :unsure:

Is that the Market gate area before Bridge Street and Buttermarket Street were widened?

I know I have seen this picture before and it is driving me crazy :twisted:

Spot on Wireboy, as you say, Market gate about 1902/4 before the streets were widened and looking from Butter Market Street across to Sankey street, Bridge Street left, Horsemarket Street right, Holy Trinity Church seen in the distance (left side of Sankey street.

You beauty. :mrgreen:

So glad I am not labelled the Dunce of the forum.

That relly was a long shot. :P

Hey at least I changed my own title a long time ago and labelled myself the 'Forum Dunce', any more of that and I'll change yours for you too :P:lol:

I thought that looked like the top of Sakey Street but that little crossroad mad me believe no it cant be. Sheesh! fow did they get that big roundabout to fit in there?

Bottom one St Anne's Church in Winwick Road, alternatively, behind St Elphin's church?

No! Cleo, Winwick Road wrong side of town, St Elphin,s heading in the right direction(generally).

Mmmm... can anyone tell which way the water is running in the stream. Streams run to rivers or canals :lol:

St Elphins way must mean it's not far from the Mersey. Is it in the Howley... or Victoria Park... or Latchford Village area maybe then (but not Wash Lane) <_<

Mmmm... can anyone tell which way the water is running in the stream. Streams run to rivers or canals :lol:

St Elphins way must mean it's not far from the Mersey. Is it in the Howley... or Victoria Park... or Latchford Village area maybe then (but not Wash Lane) <_<

You are going in the right direction, the stream is still there but not as visible, the church is unique in style although it really should be a cathedral!. :wink: