Shop Window

safeway60

Although I'm not very interested in international matches, the upcoming tournament could be a good opportunity for Mr Smith to run the rule over a potential signing to replace the hole left by Matt King. Yes I know there are several promising young lads in the under 20's but aside from Rhys Evans they aren't yet ready for Superleague. There are far too many Antipodeans over here already who are at best average. A case in point is Brett Finch at Wigan who has done nothing since he came here. He is noticed a couple of times a a match but most of the time he is anonymous.Wigan must have had their eye wiped by a spiv Ozzie agent.At least Mr Smith will be able to see them in the flesh and make a judgement and not have to rely on Ozzie type Arthur Daleys. There are two quota spots vacant and I would like to see a loose forward and a three quarter coming to the club perhaps not well known names but good players that the coach can make great players.

I agree. I don't think any of the youngsters are Super League quality and not a suitable replacement for Matt King.

There are some fantastic wingers out there, here and over sea’s. Brett Morris would be my pick but I don't think he would leave Aus. Also Foster of St Helens is just what we need but again don't think he would leave Saints.

I do hope we get someone soon because I fear we may have a weak link in that wing next season which may cost us.

Taking King and Anderson out of the salary cap must free up a huge wedge of cash...Rachford won't be on anything like the same as those two so, like our rivals, we should go up to the maximum and sign at least one top name. Yes, I know Trent Waterhouse won't come cheap but there must still be some spare cap.

Taking King and Anderson out of the salary cap must free up a huge wedge of cash...Rachford won't be on anything like the same as those two so, like our rivals, we should go up to the maximum and sign at least one top name. Yes, I know Trent Waterhouse won't come cheap but there must still be some spare cap.

No decision appears to have been made about Michell and McCarthy, both of whom are out of contract. I think we'll see a few promotions from the Under 20's, and maybe one more signing.