Sheffield in the FA Trophy

theinsider

Sheffield flying high at the top of the southern section - can't see Warrington on current form getting through to the next round - can you?

Does anyone really thinking the current squad is moving the club forward?

Some comments I heard the other night on the terraces suggested that the team was back to where it was three years ago? :shock:

I just reread it, and that isn't what I meant... :unsure:

They do put effort into it, but at times I reckon they just think "We're in bad form, we're gonna lose" and give up before kick off, or "This game should be an easy win" and get complacent. They just need to think about the 3 points before kick off, and forget the league table and form tables and all that.

Us. Goalmouth scramble and we put it in the last minute. We were celebrating and the ref went to linesman and signalled for a goal, before reversing the decision and giving a freekick. Joey told us afterwards that the ref had said handball, which it was clearly not.

Ref robbed us, but an exceptional, spirited performance, looking forward to finishing them of on tuesday. COTW!

tg, spot on, an exceptionally spirited performance after falling 2-1 down on the stroke of HT, and we did score a legal goal late on, the same officials on Tuesday, so that should be interesting.

Also want to say a big thank you to all the players and coaching staff of WTAFC, who bought all the spectators on the coach drinks, as a sign of appreciation for our support.

Lets make our support even noisier on Tuesday and book ourselves a home tie with our friends from Bamber Bridge in the next round

Come on you Yellows

Can I say even though Warrington didnt win that was the best performance of the season,

Joey was very brave today playing 3 up front and only 3 at back. I hope he keeps with this system as it made Town look much more dangerous in attack.

If town play like that most weeks then it will be an exciting season to watch, as the game was open today, and that is ultimatley why we go and watch town is to be entertained.

One more point what is it when Town go over to yorkshire we never seem to get the rub of the green with referees, is it that they are biased to the yorkshire teams, maybe supporters from other teams can help on that one. (Insider??)

Can I say even though Warrington didnt win that was the best performance of the season,

Joey was very brave today playing 3 up front and only 3 at back. I hope he keeps with this system as it made Town look much more dangerous in attack.

If town play like that most weeks then it will be an exciting season to watch, as the game was open today, and that is ultimatley why we go and watch town is to be entertained.

One more point what is it when Town go over to yorkshire we never seem to get the rub of the green with referees, is it that they are biased to the yorkshire teams, maybe supporters from other teams can help on that one. (Insider??)

The ref was poor for both teams - and if Sheffield had been more clinical in front of goal the game would have been over by half time.

Three at the back left Town looking extremely vulnerable and the Sheffield N0 7 constantly ran rings around them.

Very fortunate to be still in the competition.

Warrington have been vulnerable at the back all season and a couple of fine saves from the keeper kept them in this game.

I just read the report on the site, and we also needed to take our chances better (How bad was Duffys miss, by the way?) and we did have one disallowed. I read on the Sheffield website we were the better team, so I think you are being a bit too negative about it. Thats just going off the match reports though.

Was the 3-4-3 more of a 5-2-3 or not?

The ref was poor for both teams - and if Sheffield had been more clinical in front of goal the game would have been over by half time.

Three at the back left Town looking extremely vulnerable and the Sheffield N0 7 constantly ran rings around them.

Very fortunate to be still in the competition.

Warrington have been vulnerable at the back all season and a couple of fine saves from the keeper kept them in this game.

I disagree with this, the score at half time could have been 2 with the blatant penalty that the ref and the linesman missed and duffys miss so Town also created chances.

Also with regards to the referee he seemed to be more lieniant with sheffield, both of their goals came directly from suspect decisions.

the first came from the ball hitting a sheffield player in the face and a free kick was awarded.

the second came from a push on river.

yes in the second half sheffield should have had a penalty however the number 8 should not have been on the field after the terrible tackle on kyle.

as for the disallowed goal im still not sure who handled it apart from the sheffield keeper.

the number 7 was good however not once did he put in a cross for the huge number 9 so let a player run round in circles and if he was playing so well why did sheffield then take him off.

i fancy town at home aslong as we attack as we did on saturday.

we maybe fourtunate to be in the competition but then again so are sheffield.

i do agree with looking vunerable at the back that is why i believe going for it as joey did yesterday is the way to go. score more than we conceed will make the season very exciting.

I just read the report on the site, and we also needed to take our chances better (How bad was Duffys miss, by the way?) and we did have one disallowed. I read on the Sheffield website we were the better team, so I think you are being a bit too negative about it. Thats just going off the match reports though.

Was the 3-4-3 more of a 5-2-3 or not?

Duffys miss was poor however the ball came across very quickly.

3-4-3 looked very good aswell