Harrogate Railway Athletic

P.I.E.M.A.N.

Our friends from Harrogate are in Town tomorrow are in Town for a league game, kicking off at 3pm. Its been easy to overlook this match, between all the cup ties that we have had and have coming up in the next few weeks, but this is the type of game where its crucial to pick up three points, if we want to look towards the Evostik Premier next season. Look forward to finding out who will be in goal, as Dave Stevenson has left to go to Bamber Bridge and Pritch is out for a month. Liked the look of McGowan and Henders on Tuesday, would like to see more of that partnership up front, with Gahgan on the left and Adam Carden on the right. Lets get behind the boys tomorrow, and make some noise, that will hopefully contribute to picking up three points

See you all there

Pm 8)

Our friends from Harrogate are in Town tomorrow are in Town for a league game, kicking off at 3pm. Its been easy to overlook this match, between all the cup ties that we have had and have coming up in the next few weeks, but this is the type of game where its crucial to pick up three points, if we want to look towards the Evostik Premier next season. Look forward to finding out who will be in goal, as Dave Stevenson has left to go to Bamber Bridge and Pritch is out for a month. Liked the look of McGowan and Henders on Tuesday, would like to see more of that partnership up front, with Gahgan on the left and Adam Carden on the right. Lets get behind the boys tomorrow, and make some noise, that will hopefully contribute to picking up three points

See you all there

Pm 8)

Followed by another important league game at Prescot Cables (again!!!) On Tuesday!

So we have got lost Stevenson already...? :|

I thought we had made progress... Lets go back to playing left backs and strikers in net then... :|

It would be nice to see Gordon(?) in net again. Finlay and Duffy also looked decent keepers when they did Heads and Volleys on Tuesday :P

I thought Harrogate were top of one of the Blue Square leagues? :?:

We've signed the keeper that we needed 20 minutes ago...

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/warringtontown/news/town-sign-ex-red-as-cover-375944.html

Are we keeping this guy or is he leaving when Pritch returns? :unsure:

What does it mean saying we were waiting for international clearance? Another Wales International? :mrgreen:

Found a Video of him on Youtube if you wanna watch. (Hursty, look at the score updates along the bottom about 3 minutes in :wink:)

And also, this guy is on FIFA10 :D

another inept performance in the second half against a very slow and poor side in Harrogate Railway, no offence to them they came for a draw and i bet they cant belive how bad we.

However this is not my main concern every team can have an off day (however these are becoming more regular).

Talking to a few supporters we all agree that we lack a leader as good as Tom is as a player we just dont see him as a captain.

This is also noticed by some of the players complain to Joey, Stuart, people in the crowd complaing about were they are playing openly critcising their team mates something you should never do no matter what level you play. This would never happen under Tommo as captain im sure there were arguements but they stayed in the dressing room.

The other concern is that we never looked like scoring all the players today seemed to be scared of shooting incase they injured the keeper with the ball. I dont think he had a difficult save to make.

Anyhow im sure Joey and the management team will turn things around, maybe concentrate on the cups and get some cash in.

The keeper wasnt the issue, finishing was. So many chances and none taken. Harrogate were woeful and you could tell by their celebrations at the end that they knew how lucky they had been. Inconsistency is the problem this season. We must iron that out and quick if we are to do anything. Still plenty to play for and still early doors.

7 wins from the last 21 competitive matches. How many lines in the sand can you draw?, how many maybe next week?, how many we need a striker posts, how many we could'nt finish messages?

Time for a reality check. It is what it is - very poor. If the attendance numbers on the evo site are correct the fans are already voting with their feet!.

And before anyone types anything no i'm not a rival fan or someone with an axe to grind.

I have been biting my tongue in recent weeks because in the past when I have raised concerns I got shot down in flames.

But I believe the team is moving backwards to where it was around two years ago.

It is clear the team

1. Lacks leadership.

2. Lacks height

3. Several players are not fit and have no desire

4. Midfield is woeful so not creating anything for the strikers

5. Discipline issues

While it is still ealry days if the team doesn't start winning soon any hope of the play offs will be a distant dream.

Does any one disagree with any of the points raised?

The board is either not investing enough money in the team after raising the profile of the club (How much does giant billboard in Golden square cost :blink: )

Or the team is not being managed properly - or may be both?

I see some one has already mentioned about people voting with their feet.

Opening league game well over 300

Saturday - with a junior curtain raiser and parents e.t.c 124.

Who in their right mind would pay £8 to watch North West Counties Standard football?

I have been biting my tongue in recent weeks because in the past when I have raised concerns I got shot down in flames.

But I believe the team is moving backwards to where it was around two years ago.

It is clear the team

1. Lacks leadership.

2. Lacks height

3. Several players are not fit and have no desire

4. Midfield is woeful so not creating anything for the strikers

5. Discipline issues

While it is still ealry days if the team doesn't start winning soon any hope of the play offs will be a distant dream.

Does any one disagree with any of the points raised?

The board is either not investing enough money in the team after raising the profile of the club (How much does giant billboard in Golden square cost :blink: )

Or the team is not being managed properly - or may be both?

I see some one has already mentioned about people voting with their feet.

Opening league game well over 300

Saturday - with a junior curtain raiser and parents e.t.c 124.

Who in their right mind would pay £8 to watch North West Counties Standard football?

Totally bang on. Except for the Golden Square piece. A friend of mine owns the ice cream franchise opposite the advert and he said its free of charge.

I'm giving it until December before I make my mind up on it. Can't we release one or two players (Not naming names...) to free up the wage budget (We do have a wage budget, right?), get the Finlay business sorted and see who we can get on a free or whatever. I think we should loan in a few players from local teams (Stockport, Tranmere, Chester) and build from there.

Last season, we dropped points early and dropped points trying to recover the other dropped points. This season I can see this happening at the opposite end. 15th at best this season.

"Help support your towns push for league football.¨

Please tell me they were joking when they wrote that...

i think im right in thinking that the junior curtain rasier dosent count on the attendance as they are not paying customers.

Also the clubs high attendances are also still dependant on the away support from other teams and whether the Wolves have been playing.

Alot of town's supporters support both the wolves and town which makes it expensive time of year with the extra cost of playoffs in the rugby and cups in the football.

As for players from Tranmere why would Tranmere let their players drop so far down where they would learn bugger all. Many youth team players from the teams that you have suggested are generally no better than what we already have aswell.

Things are bad at the moment but they have been alot worse.

I just heard that in 07/08 we set a target of football league within five years. We've done well there then...

Being the person who made those comments when I first got involved I hold my hands up and admit I was wet behind the ears and it has been a big learning curve helping run a football club.

But there is nothing wrong with ambition - I would be happy with one promotion in five years - but this is an extremely tough league to get out of - most of the top teams in our league could easily survive at the next level.