EU VAT HIKE!

Just heard on the radio, that the EU are to consider a 5% budget rise, and will slapping a 1% increase on VAT to increase revenues; together with threats to dump the UK's rebate, this could amount to a rise of 11% in UK (net) contributions to the EU - they're taking the p**s. :evil:

Then they should all be taken outside and shot. Simple and only solution. They are a buch of unelected prats who are taking us for a ride

Enough is enough. If Kije and the other sandal wearers want to be in the EU, stick them on the boat to France with all the Illegals and then lets have mines back in the channel to keep the buggers out :wink:

... and apprently the european parliament have been debating the idea about forcing us to use the euro flag/logo at all our sporting events and making competitors wear the logo etc etc. If the MEP's give their backing it goes before the European Commission to draft formal proposals.

Brussels already has the power to fine organisations for NOT flying or displaying the EU flag/logo.

Some council have been fined and so has the University of Northampton. The university was fined over £56,000 for not displaying the EU logo to acknowledge it had received funding from the European Regional Development Fund.

Hasn't Warrington either received, or applied for, a lot of money from the ERDF and I'm sure the now defunct NWDA did too and they had to pay some of their money back 'allegidely'.

Maybe we will be seeing even more blue and yellow popping up around warrington.. nice colours but a shame about the stars and what it represents.

Can't remember where I read it earlier but it was about the logo/flag issue and being part of the EU. It said WHY do we bother as for every £2 that the UK puts into the EU we only get £1 back.

Is that right ?

Maybe we should have a mass EU flag burning..... like the fuzzy-wuzzies do with the American flag.....

I wonder how many of those people (a lot of whom would have fought the scourge of Nazism and its desire to rule the whole of Europe) who voted for a common trade agreement all those years ago, could possibly envisaged the time when only a few short years later, Britain would be ruled by a bunch of Germans and French people and be forced to fly a flag that isn't their own over council and educational establishments across our country?

Now correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the Nazis drape huge flags across the buildings in captured cities like Paris?....... all getting a little too familiar if you ask me

Kije,

Head out of the sand time again I'm afraid....this isn't scaremongering; this is the EU's proposals....this is what they have drawn up to hit us with..... this is what our government are currently arguing against because it means an extra 1.4 billion a year from us to them....are you saying that is right?????

Funny when the UK bring out a green paper, nothing on here but when the Eu do it BANG,

because it is going to cost us an extra 1.odd billion quid we don't bloody have you numpty....that's why. The EU should go take a long run on a short pier!

Anyway, not long now before the house of cards starts to fall....Italy next!! and then BANG....no more euro; especially when Greece start to default

Funny when the UK bring out a green paper, nothing on here but when the Eu do it BANG,

It's not funny at all Lt....the EU are trying to make us do and change things that we wouldn't be doing if we weren't part of 'them' :unsure:

If the UK governent suggested half of these things there would be uproar and they 'may' think again but as it's the EU saying it the government say nothing and just go with the flow (apart from the odd gentle token word 'against') as it appears to be out of their hands, out of our hands and we all just have to DISlike and lump it all :?

I don't really understand it all anymore but I suppose but if someone could tell me exactly what the massive benefits are with regards to US being part of the EU then I am happy to reconsider my own little opinion.

I have read a few in my time Lt (sad I know).... but for once I will trust you on this as after all you seem very sure that they or anly being discussed and wont get approved and you clearly know a lot about the EU. God help you if they do though :shock::wink:

Why do these MEP's and others discuss things that aren't likely to be approved or implemented though? Is it just for the free tea and biscuits or more for the expenses and looking like they are needed :lol:

The Brussels Mandarins will no doubt come up with all sorts of ideas to prop up this extortion racket and create their Festung Europa - they, and the MEPs have most to gain in terms of the gravy train. They are asking for an overall 5% increase in the EU budget (which will involve a doubling of the entertainments budget) - ultimately, I presume the Council of Ministers will make the final decision - as the majority of those Ministers are net recipients of EU funding, we're out-voted - just have to hope we have a veto and Dave uses it. :shock: