D.A.D. 2011.....

Bazj

Had a trip to the annual D.A.D show today at Walton Gardens.... it was the 20th anniversary event and it was bigger than ever! Lots of marquees housing all sorts of organisations covering all aspects of disabilities and from every angle; from the one with the disability to the families that it also affects

As you may know, my mum is quite disabled these days and is unable to walk and is quite deaf too so being able to get all sorts of info regarding pressure relief chairs to hearing aids and such like was amazing and very worthwhile.

Couple of bad points: the access to Walton Gardens is abysmal when it comes to something like this event and having to pay £3.20 to stick my car on a wet and muddy field was a bit of a downer.... it did get better though because we turned off the traction control and managed to powerslide all the way out of the field later on!!

The weather held out somewhat and even when we apparently had a downpour in Westbrook, there was only a few spots in Walton.

My little lad loved it; especially the drum show (he's learning the drums.....!) and the free pencils and rulers and sweets....although he will have to fight me for those.

On the whole a fantastic day and well worth the trip if you have anyone in the family with any kind of a disability or impairment.

The absolute best bit though was a fly past by an old WW2 C47 Dakota (Like the one at the side of the top gear test track....)I just happened to have my camera to hand as it went over...

IMG_9909.jpg

IMG_9910.jpg

IMG_9911.jpg

Awesome!

It flew over where we were too but I was inside and too slow grabbing my camera when I heard my dad bellow 'Theres a old Decota' so glad you got those pics Baz :D

DAD day sounds like it was great and wish I could have got there but time ran out... maybe next year other things wont be arranged for the same weekend as DAD.

I watched the drummers on the news page video though... how good were they eh ?

Well done to all involved and glad the weather stayed fine for the day :D

It flew over where we were too but I was inside and too slow grabbing my camera when I heard my dad bellow 'Theres a old Decota' so glad you got those pics Baz :D

DAD day sounds like it was great and wish I could have got there but time ran out... maybe next year other things wont be arranged for the same weekend as DAD.

I watched the drummers on the news page video though... how good were they eh ?

Well done to all involved and glad the weather stayed fine for the day :D

I even managed to get on Granada again taking pictures of the drummers! :rolleyes: