ID cards again -

Margaret Hodge, chair of a Commons select cttee, is claiming that 181,000 immigrants have allegedley overstayed their visas and are now living illegally amongst us - claiming it proves the need for ID cards. Errm, hang on a minute: presumably these "guests" came here legally and would have required a passport to enter the country - so what's the difference between an ID card and a passport? :?

I don't know obs but I know you can only fly internally with either a passport or valid id card. :lol:

Illegal people who's passports and visa have now run out will presumably just get illegal id cards wont they... in the hope that no-one will ever check them :wink:

Do you know I can't even get a new photo driving licence (as I've misplaced my old paper licence and dont know my licence number). As I havent got a passport I have no proof of who I am apparently. How odd :roll:

:lol: It would appear so Obs :wink:

Funny though as HMRC, Inland Revenue, Car Insurance, DVLA, bank, building society, gas/elec/phone suppliers, credit card companies (and double glazing telesales people) etc etc all seem to know that I exist without me having to prove it to them :wink:

Seems young Nigerians have been used as domestic slaves, brought over here under the guise of seeking further education and allegedly using false papers to enter the Country. The plight of some and the way they were ignored by Authorities has now been revealed in Court, where they were awarded ?5,000 damages each - wonder if they'll now go back to Nigeria? :?