Supporters Views

Are the views of supporters no longer allowed?

Having been told personally by a few club members that my views are insulting and upsetting towards the players and staff, may I add my views have been posted on my very own & fellow supporters personal social network pages aimed at no-one in particular, it seems that sometimes frustrations of paying supporters who do there upmost during the week to attract new supporters are no longer valid and brought across as insulting club members/staff/players.

I read a few weeks back that a football club is nothing without its fans and the comments vented towards myself of late are certainly making me think twice about my input and involvement with regards continueing my support.

I was warned about my expectations for the team, my expectations have come from what was said at the start of the season and repeated throughout, is there a harm in questioning what has been mentioned and the team not reaching the potential in certain games?

If comments and views are no longer allowed to be made towards warrington town fc then good luck attracting supporters, you never learn from good postitive comments! only things will change when points are made and questions raised. If people cant take criticism then that is no fault of mine and everyone is entitled to their own opinion whether good or bad.

Are the views of supporters no longer allowed?

Having been told personally by a few club members that my views are insulting and upsetting towards the players and staff, may I add my views have been posted on my very own & fellow supporters personal social network pages aimed at no-one in particular, it seems that sometimes frustrations of paying supporters who do there upmost during the week to attract new supporters are no longer valid and brought across as insulting club members/staff/players.

I read a few weeks back that a football club is nothing without its fans and the comments vented towards myself of late are certainly making me think twice about my input and involvement with regards continueing my support.

I was warned about my expectations for the team, my expectations have come from what was said at the start of the season and repeated throughout, is there a harm in questioning what has been mentioned and the team not reaching the potential in certain games?

If comments and views are no longer allowed to be made towards warrington town fc then good luck attracting supporters, you never learn from good postitive comments! only things will change when points are made and questions raised. If people cant take criticism then that is no fault of mine and everyone is entitled to their own opinion whether good or bad.

Rick you know me well enough to know that I will take any criticism on the chin - I know I am doing my best to bring a successful football club to the town.

I can fully understand disappointment at some of the results this season, while also recognising great progress on and off the field compared to where the club was just a couple of seasons back.

In the cold light of day though can anyone be too critical of progress - as long as the club keeps progressing we will eventually start achieving.

As I have learned from listening to Warrington Wolves' Head Coach Tony Smith - progress and performance are more important than the results - as if you keep progressing and performing you will eventually start getting results.

While there is still some way to go on getting consistent performances there is no doubting the progress.

Keep up the good work rallying the troops - you know it is appreciated.

I fully appreciate the improvements the club has had over the past 12months, after all we are 6th and had a cup semi final this season.

My point is that after disapointing results I feel I am no longer allowed to show my disapointment with fellow friends/supporters and that only positive comments are allowed.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on events and I will continue to do so, just after various comments from club staff of late (they know who they are) I get the impression my comments/points of view are only accepted if it is of positive praise.

I fully appreciate the improvements the club has had over the past 12months, after all we are 6th and had a cup semi final this season.

My point is that after disapointing results I feel I am no longer allowed to show my disapointment with fellow friends/supporters and that only positive comments are allowed.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on events and I will continue to do so, just after various comments from club staff of late (they know who they are) I get the impression my comments/points of view are only accepted if it is of positive praise.

Handled properly positives can always be made from negatives!

Surely the Team and management are not that naive that they expect supporters not to criticise.

Personally, I find it very disappointing that there have been so many drawn games this season, when they can face up to the top teams and beat them.

I criticise Man. U for that and question whether our team expect to win. The excuse about the pitch doesn't wash for me, as it is the same for both sides. No footballer starts playing on a bowling green as far as I am aware.

Having said that, Joey, Stu,James and Carl have done a great job in turning the club around, but "you" raised our expectations when playing Chester at home, so some stick is justified and goes with the territory.

Onwards and upwards, both team and supporter's. :wink:

Personally, I find it very disappointing that there have been so many drawn games this season, when they can face up to the top teams and beat them.

I criticise Man. U for that and question whether our team expect to win. The excuse about the pitch doesn't wash for me, as it is the same for both sides. No footballer starts playing on a bowling green as far as I am aware.

I think everyone is disappointed - we are all disappointed there have been too many draws and defeats against supposedly lesser teams.

But this is a tough league at this level and anyone can beat or draw with anyone on their day.

But the overall picture is one of progression and sometimes it is difficult to take criticism when you are "doing your best" and moving in the right direction.

We are all human beings with our own opinions - but the main thing is we stick together as a team taking the rough with the smooth.

Don't forget this is on average a very young team and youngsters need encouragement.

This season has been great and a much improvement on last seasons which I have previously said.

Having watched and witnessed on a number of occasions the team out play and beat Chorley twice, draw with chester home and away, beat lancaster twice home and away, beat other top teams like skem, draw with bamber bridge, beat witton albion at home then on the other side lose at home to radcliffe, draw to woodley sports twice, draw with garforth and prescot...games we should be winning!!

The standard was set early on in the season and Joey will remember me saying to him 'you have set the standard now, upto the players to match that level' - yes not everyweek it can be achieved but there are games where we should be winning to back up the managers comments of us being good enough to get promoted! then we lose to lower placed teams, that leaves the question of are we good enough? Poor results are then in my opinion allowed to be questioned by supporters.

If we are good enough to be promoted which Joey and the players have said on a number of occassions then how come we are not in the play off positions? Dropped points have cost us and poor results at times, fans only expect what is being said by the players and management and anything below this is bound to be questioned.

We all have our opinions and views, yes kept in mind with steady progress on the bigger picture which is great. If we had the support of say chester or fc united and criticism was made of the teams performance from fans how would that be handled on a much bigger scale?

One final question being asked is how likely is it the current team will be staying for next season if again it is good enough to be promoted then we might have better chance without Chester?

Any answer from Joey, Tommo and James on the above questions?

I think everyone is disappointed - we are all disappointed there have been too many draws and defeats against supposedly lesser teams.

But this is a tough league at this level and anyone can beat or draw with anyone on their day.

But the overall picture is one of progression and sometimes it is difficult to take criticism when you are "doing your best" and moving in the right direction.

We are all human beings with our own opinions - but the main thing is we stick together as a team taking the rough with the smooth.

Don't forget this is on average a very young team and youngsters need encouragement.

Gary, I think the fact that the die-hards support the team, win or lose, proves a point.

Given that it costs people their hard earned money, is some justification to ask questions.

The Barmy Army should be encouragement enough for all the players. We don't want to get into a situation where we cannot questions things. It's bad enough that Fergie can't criticise a referee without being castigated.

And don't forget, the criticisms are mild and honest to what they were a couple of seasons ago. At least Karl isn't at the side of the dug-out giving Joey grief. :wink:

Toughen up people, I've had 60 odd years of criticism, AND I still get it. :roll:

We have a core of 6 quality players for this level,( Pritchard, Tom Hardwick, M Tommo, S Finley who i think could have a cracking non league career, M Duffy, G Salmon who seems to get taken off even though he is our main threat.) and if one or two of these are missing we struggle.

Joey hasnt been helped with a couple of players having a massive dip in form and the players who have come in need time to fit in.

We have also dropped to many points against the so called poorer teams and the only excuse people use is our pitch well i can think of at least 6 pitches that are worse than our pitch in the league. maybe the excuse is the players suffering from complacency!

Gary there has been a vast improvment in the last few years so please dont think we are having a go but expectations have been raised by the players, managers and members of the board so you can see why members of the supporters club are vocal with there disappointment and im sure even though they criticise they will still support the team.

Burgerman - thank you for backing up my recent posts regarding the issue, I am not alone in my feelings after some games.

We are all very proud of how far we have come over the last 3 years, maybe the bar has been raised a little too high this season but as fans we believe in what the manager, players and board say and if we dont match what you say on the pitch then we are entitled to ask questions and feel frustrated, criticise etc

it is a good point by rick that we should be able to criticise the team after poor performances like saturday i feel that we had the better of the play but we cant finish and i would replace gav upfront as he has no composure and would have thompson and alan upfront but hey i dont pick the team :)

I feel that joey and all the staff do a good job at the club and we have a good structure and set up and have come on leaps and bounds in the last few seasons.

i feel that at times the barmy army has been a little lackluster and i feel both fans and players could their bit to boost performances but onwards and upwards lets get behind the players and show support