Making money or ripping people off

Something I seen from the club recently was this; http://www.warringtonwolves.org/wolf-it-up-4020

Wolfie meal deal which comprises of a bog standard large sausage roll, kit-kat chunky and a capri sun for ?3.50 which apparentlly according to them is a ?1 saving so the normal price should be ?4.50 :shock::shock:

I now put this to you in Tesco a kit-kat chunky is 46p, capri sun is 34p and a large Ginsters sausage roll is ?1 in all that totals ?1.80 which is ?1.70 cheaper than buying the same stuff from the club.

What annoys me more is that the club have a cheek to say your saving ?1 which your clearly not so how can the club put a ?4.50 price on something that is ?1.80 :?::?:

Is this good marketing and should we praise the club for trying to make money or should we be disgusted that there trying to exploit fans... I side with the latar.

Beginning to wonder if you really are a fan. All you seem to be doing is whinging about the cost of watching Wolves.

You can always find things cheaper elsewhere if you are prepared to look. You can get THREE chunky Kit Kats in the Pound Shop in Bridge Street for ?1 so on that basis Tesco are ripping off their customers.

My complaint would be that anyone has the cheek to describe a sausage roll, kit kat and soft drink as a "meal"!

But is the sausage roll at Wolves hot? If so, you must expect to pay more.

Something I seen from the club recently was this; http://www.warringtonwolves.org/wolf-it-up-4020

Wolfie meal deal which comprises of a bog standard large sausage roll, kit-kat chunky and a capri sun for ?3.50 which apparentlly according to them is a ?1 saving so the normal price should be ?4.50 :shock::shock:

I now put this to you in Tesco a kit-kat chunky is 46p, capri sun is 34p and a large Ginsters sausage roll is ?1 in all that totals ?1.80 which is ?1.70 cheaper than buying the same stuff from the club.

What annoys me more is that the club have a cheek to say your saving ?1 which your clearly not so how can the club put a ?4.50 price on something that is ?1.80 :?::?:

Is this good marketing and should we praise the club for trying to make money or should we be disgusted that there trying to exploit fans... I side with the latar.

Do you not get out to venues much - Wembley, Premier League football grounds, concert venues all charge inflated prices.

Don't forget it is also Heathcotes who make most of the money! :wink:

Do you not get out to venues much - Wembley, Premier League football grounds, concert venues all charge inflated prices.

Don't forget it is also Heathcotes who make most of the money! :wink:

I go to many venues throughout the year at different events but I think your forgetting our sport is Rugby League... Forget all London venues as the cost of living is dearer down South but maybe the problem is that were going to much in the way of Football, It's ?20 next week to get into Wakefield and based on there aminities that is very very costly.

Yes Heathcoats run the food and what not but the Warrington club I'm sure have a say in what get's sold at the HJ and the prices there selling them at, I've got no problem with the food or drink prices is general but this "meal deal" is a shocking price.

Horace like I've said in another post please dont insult me by suggesting I'm not rally a fan, I simply have an opinion.

At our half time conference beneath the stand I often take a glance at the prices of the refreshment on offer and yes, it's a rip-off. Why pay these inflated prices when you can call at Tescos before kick-off and save some cash. Personally I can just about survive a couple of hours without food and drink. Isn't that just amazing ?

I used to use the facilities at Wilderspool but since our move to HJ have learned to get a decent pint at a sensible price and sat in comfort pre match at Wetherspoons and then'abstain' till after the game and then a couple more in town,I also notice someone now has a trailer parked where the Old Ball was he sells pop and warm snacks for half the price inside.Pity Tesco's cant open a franchise inside the ground but thats not going to happen.

Once again yesterday we were continually standing up / sitting down for the usual suspects to get another drink or go to the gents. It seems we are the only row in the stand which suffers this continuous interruption. I wish these people would make up their minds...boozing or watching the match. I'm convinced that when season ticket are renewed the question is asked *Would that be a weak bladder seat or a strong bladder seat ?* We seem to be on the row with those with urinary tract problems. There's one thing for sure, we won't be booking the same seats next season. It seems almost everything is clamped down on at the HJ...yellow gangways...watch your language..no vacuum flasks. It's about time that punters aren't allowed to carry booze up to the stands. This is the norm for football stadiums so why not at the HJ ?