Season Ticket - Is it really a good deal

After hearing about the latest offer the club are doing for non ST holders and the many more offers available already I have to ask myself the question of by getting a season ticket are we really getting a good deal :?::?:

Take this into account... most Warrington non season ticket holders know at least two people if not more who do actually have a ST so with that in mind I decided to look into these offers.

14 home games in a season and a ST (not early bird) costs ?220 but if I was to cash in on all the Warrington offers it would be something like this;

Game 1 - ?5 (using a friend for a fiver voucher)

Game 2 - ?5 (using a friend for a fiver voucher)

Game 3 - ?7.50 (2 adults and 2 kids for ?25)

Game 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 - ?104 (6 game ST)

Game 10, 11 and 12 - ?48 (3 game ST)

Game 13 - ?18 on the door

Game 14 - ?18 on the door

The above equals ?205.50 which is ?14.50 cheaper than buying a ST at the start of the year. The above also doesn't include any future offers that the club will have for games such as Catalan and maybe Wakefield who bring lesser fans, further more those that give to the lucky 7 lotto get given 2 free match tickets every now and then (I was given Huddersfield last year) so all in all buying a ST doesn't look like that much of a deal all of a sudden and for those people who could get there hands on more friend for a fiver vouchers your on a complete winner.

The apparent advantage of the ST is that we get first pick on limited and cup final tickets plus the first Challenge Cup game is free but it would actually seem that based on the above information were paying for that game.

I get my season ticket for the convenience of knowing I'll be able to go to every home game and sit in the same good seat week in week out. I also enjoy the camaraderie of sitting next to the same people and enjoying the banter.

For me - well worth it, and I always get the early bird.

I too pay for my ST just to secure my excellent seat in the North Stand (right on the half way line just above the home team bench).

I wouldn't have it anyother way.

I can understand the OP's point if I was in the South or West stands though. If you turn up early enough you can stand anywhere you want, season ticket holder or no season ticket holder.

I do think its a good idea by the club to tempt new fans with these offers but it should not be to the detriment of loyal season ticket holders.

I would never get a season ticket because there is no way I could guarantee to go to every match, or even half the matches, because of other commitments.

Anyone in my position would certainly not save money by getting a season ticket - and if you are a TRUE Wolves fan why would you want to anyway?

Given the announcement this week that Wolves are spending ?2 million expanding the capacity to 15,000 and given the current size of crowds, I would have thought the season ticket is likely to become redundant. There will always be places available anyway.

Wolves have been doing well recently and still don't fill the existing stadium every match. If they hit a bad patch (which every club does now and then) the place could look nearly empty.

I doubt the business case for such an expansion - but fortunately its not my money they are spending!

If your in the North stand I can fully understand your point on this but for me who is a South stand season ticket holder I feel slightly out done by these offers as anybody can cash in on the above offers and stand anywhere they want whilst paying less than me.

I thought a ST is the cheapest way to support your club i.e cheaper than paying on the door week in week out but that doesn't seem the case.

If your in the North stand I can fully understand your point on this but for me who is a South stand season ticket holder I feel slightly out done by these offers as anybody can cash in on the above offers and stand anywhere they want whilst paying less than me.

I thought a ST is the cheapest way to support your club i.e cheaper than paying on the door week in week out but that doesn't seem the case.

Are you sure you are a Wolves' fan - the more money they make the more money they can invest in making it a better place and attracting better details.

I guess they are in it to make money but must be annoying to realise that you could have got it cheaper by not having a ST.

My personal gripe is the charge for season tickets once kids reach the ripe old age of 16. :oops::?

Junior season tickets (upto age 16) are very good value in my opinion as they get free away matches as well as home matches.

But once they are 16 it more than doubles (providing they are still in full time education) and they have to pay for away games too. Very costly indeed.

And yes the prices for drinks and so called food at matches (home and away) is extortionate.

Oh and last gripe... I trust that Wolves do not sell or allow the drinking of alcohol on the premises by those who are under age like some other allow :evil:

Are you sure you are a Wolves' fan - the more money they make the more money they can invest in making it a better place and attracting better details.

I fully agree that the club just like any sports club needs to make money but were sold a ST on the basis that you save a couple of quid each game making for a good saving over the year. This just isn't the truth now as the offers during the season make it cheaper that buying a ST, it simply takes away the major principle of buying a ST.

On another note please dont insult me with your "Fan" suggestion, I've been attending home and away matches for many many years and take offence to your comment, I simply have an opinion on something at the club that I feel needs to be improved.

I'd just like to add if I may that whilst ?2 million (presumably a lot of which has been made through supporters) is being pumped into the revamp of the stadium which I am not against it all seems to be happening in the other stands.

The South Stand (standing only) which is often packed is not being increased in size unless I have missed that bit. Surely changes could also be made in at that end so more sardines could be squeezed in as it is only where most of the youngters can afford (ish).

A lot are unable to go tomorrow as it was sold out earlier in the week.

I'd just like to add if I may that whilst ?2 million (presumably a lot of which has been made through supporters) is being pumped into the revamp of the stadium which I am not against it all seems to be happening in the other stands.

The South Stand (standing only) which is often packed is not being increased in size unless I have missed that bit. Surely changes could also be made in at that end so more sardines could be squeezed in as it is only where most of the youngters can afford (ish).

The building a South-East corner which will be standing so that will increase the capacity of the South stand.

The building a corner South East corner which will be standing so that will increase the capacity of the South stand.