Descendants of Isaac and Hannah Newall

Eddie Newall

Eddie, I'm not sure how this information will help you, however any is better than none, I lived in Oldham Street from 1940 to 1950 and new a Geoffrey Newall we both attended St James's C of E school, Latchford and were good mates, I lost touch when we left the area so what became of him I dont know, sorry but that is all I can tell you. below is a list of the class about 1949/50. Good luck with your venture.

File0054.jpg

Thanks for that algy, the name Geoffrey Newall hasn't cropped up so far, I have traced a birth record for a Geoffrey Newall born in Warrington in 1940, mother's maiden name was Buckley, which isn't a surname connected with my line of Newalls as far as I know, but Newall was/is a common name in that area.

Eddie have to tried the Genes Reunited website.

I've just had a quick look and there are a lot of Newall's listed on there from Warrington.

Two trees keep popping up and they contain the same names of your father and grandparents but I suspect one of the trees may be owned by you as the family tree owner is called 'Edward' (Eddie?) :oops: The other one is owned by 'Shirley'.

Thought it may have been you... sorry :oops:

Thanks to you I have been back on Genes RU today and I am now adding to my family tree which I started about two years ago and only put about 10 people on but then lost interest.

My interest has been revived :D Cheers and good luck with your search.

PS have you tried Ancestry.com too

:lol: I know what you mean I've just had a look on there for mine.

Well I have hit a complete brick wall on my dads side of the tree. I have him, my grandparents and great granparents names and that is completely it.

I need to go back 2 more generations of his surname at least to check out of a rumour is true but as we don't even know if any of them had any brothers or sisters or what the great gps parents were called or infact anything remotely usefull I wouldn't even know where to start.

Blummin heck that was short lived eh.

Good links Algy but I've just had a search and my suspicions have sort of been confirmed. My dads family don't seem to exist... he is obviously an alien from outer space. :lol:

Eddie... let us know how you go on and I wont mention my search again on your thread as I don't want to hijack it :oops:

Eddie. Do you have any relatives who were killed in the Great War? I am currently doing so research on Warrington RL players (Northern Union) who did not survive the conflict. One of them was called 'Dalby' Newall. It would appear that Dalby is a nickname or something similar, but I do have a possible ID on this person. PM me if you are interested.

• 1 month later...

Regarding 'Dalby' Newall mentioned by Teessidewire, I have no connection with him but I have found a Harold Newall who died in May 1915 aged about 20 years. He was in the Rifle Brigade and is commemorated on the Ypres Menin Gate Memorial, he has no known grave. I have obtained a copy of his obituary that was in the Warrington Guardian.

He was the son of George and Sarah Newall. In the 1901 census they were living at 19 St Mary St Warrington, in the 1911 census they were living at 6 Oxford Street Warrington. George was my grand uncle and his son Harold was my first cousin 2 times removed. Harold had a sister Ethel who married Harold Dudley at Ashton-under Lyne in 1933.

Regarding 'Dalby' Newall mentioned by Teessidewire, I have no connection with him but I have found a Harold Newall who died in May 1915 aged about 20 years. He was in the Rifle Brigade and is commemorated on the Ypres Menin Gate Memorial, he has no known grave. I have obtained a copy of his obituary that was in the Warrington Guardian.

He was the son of George and Sarah Newall. In the 1901 census they were living at 19 St Mary St Warrington, in the 1911 census they were living at 6 Oxford Street Warrington. George was my grand uncle and his son Harold was my first cousin 2 times removed. Harold had a sister Ethel who married Harold Dudley at Ashton-under Lyne in 1933.

Eddie.

Although Harold wasn't the person I was looking for I'm glad to have been of help to you.