Ever played Fishsim2 (Fishing Simulator Version 2)

algy

Anyone played the fishing simulation game Fishsim2 it's a very realistic and addictive fishing game played on a pc, you can choose from over 1500 venues from all over the world, select hundreds of different baits, rods,reels, lines, hooks etc. almost everything that you would take fishing, play online matches with people from all over the world, has a forum and you can keep it as simple or difficult as you wish, you can make your own venues although this can be quite difficult, after saying that I created over forty so I suppose it can't be that hard. Probly more suited to those that have been fishing, Wingy where are you?.

CD cover of the game.

fishsim2.jpg

Cannot say that is a title that grabs my imagination, however, I have had a go on one or two of the web based fishing games on various games sites and quite enjoyed them.

it does sound like a good game though but not one that I would go out and buy unless I had tried and liked it. will have to wait to see what some of the angling fraternity have to say though. I think most anglers only do it to get a bit of peace and quiet from home life :P:wink:

Sid, believe me it's not one of those arcade, cartoon character games it really does require a great deal of skill and some real time angling knowledge, to call it a game does not do it justice, it really is a simulator. On the forum it's amazing how many people that had fished regularly in the past and had developed some form of disability preventing them to get to the fishing venues took to the game and enabled them still to use their aquired fishing skills.

A screenshot of a venue.

border.jpg

I've played a similar one on a Wii Games Console... it really started to stress me out if I missed a bite or when a magnificent fish snapped my line at the very last moment though. :lol:

I prefer the game on my mobile where I have to swim around all the coral reefs and shipwrecks taking photos of all the fishies, sharks, jellyfish and see horses. Yes I know before anyone says anything :P