WTFC v Cammell Laird

Peter T

WTFC 0-1 Cammell Laird.

What's wrong with these guys? Don't they want promotion?

WHY can't they score goals?

They need to get a grip. 4 points lost on easy winnable games.

:evil::twisted::evil::twisted:

Peter - no games are easy especially against teams committed to fighting for every ball and battling to avoid relegation.

Having said that - gutted! :cry:

Its up to the players to match the ambition of the staff and fans!!

A changed team of sorts tonight at the back but still should have been a win, dropped points is not good. Could have gone 2 points off second in the table tonight.

We always seem to drop down to playing the same way the opposition do when playing the lesser teams, its shows we are contenders if the smaller teams raise there game against us but still we should be good enough to beat them at Home!

The players are the only people to gain promotion and with many games still to play it is up to them to show us they can do it, one defeat in 10 league games is not the end of the world but id rather take a defeat against the bigger teams than one 3rd from bottom at the start of tonight.

Pretty much as Rick has said.

The only reason I can see why Salmon was left on the bench tonight was because of 2 reasons, 1 being, he has played previous matches from the start, and 2 being, we were playing a team 3rd from bottom coming into the game.

I would say, that in the final period of the game, we started to come to life a bit, when Salmon and Evans was on the pitch. Their defence was all over the place at times, and Evans was walking past them at points. We had a few chances were, like the last game, their keeper kept them in the game, a goal line clearance, and 2 (from what I seem perfectly) great saves.

On the other hand, Pritch had to make some good saves in the first half infront of us, tipping a couple over the bar, and one I seen just pushed wide. Our defence wasn't the worst I have seen, but it was no were near good enough.

Both teams were poor today, and as said before, we dropped to their level. Okay fair enough, if we was in the Premiership and was in the top 4 playing a relegation side, yes put a weakened squad out and expect to still walk all over them, but not in this league! Never should an opposition team be underestimated, as all of you know, non league football can go any way at all.

the weakened side was due to injuries and suspensions and we will be losing sam soon through suspension aswell but i feel that nessy at centre back was not the best choice i feel it should have been ( i don't know his name) the lad that replaced tom on saturday he seemed more confident. As for the performance truely below par but had plenty of chances to win it full credit to their keeper some class saves but also to match that i feel pritch was outstanding yet again and was unlucky with the goal i feel we should take the positives from this and hope that this is the wake up call the players needed

Sam Finley will be a big loss in midfield the next few games, I think we are all confident the squad is good enough to still challenge come the end of the season, last night was hopefully a big wake up call that teams will come and raise there game just as we do when we played Chester, Chorley, Fylde etc. Duffy was a big loss too last night.

Any one answer the question on Gareth Farrelly?

Adam Jukes is the defender I think you are on about shareza...

I was wondering about Farrelly as well. At the start of the season he gave us a bit extra - you could see he was ex-premier by the way he coasted around the middle of the park - all economy of motion and little wasted.

Where is he now? Didnt see last night but on Saturday, someone in the middle like him might have made the difference.

I was wondering about Farrelly as well. At the start of the season he gave us a bit extra - you could see he was ex-premier by the way he coasted around the middle of the park - all economy of motion and little wasted.

Where is he now? Didnt see last night but on Saturday, someone in the middle like him might have made the difference.

I would be very surprised if you saw him again.

Insider. You'll do ok with the Barmy Army.

Farrelly was becoming a passenger in the last few games he played.

The squad are well able to compete, but maybe too many had an off night. Having said that, the goal scoring has been poor for a long time.

Did they go back to playing long ball last night?

Yes Peter the long ball was in evidence again.

Perhaps because the midfield was so poor, the back line resorted to hitting the long, high, hopeful ball in the direction of the forwards. The main problem with this being that town started the game with the shortest front line ever, the two central defenders of Cammel Laird?s just headed the ball clear each time.

Town did not play to their strengths, balls to feet or balls down the channels on the floor for the fast strikers to run onto would have been much more effective.

In the end I think we were playing four strikers, two in midfield, and four at the back.

New fullback looks assured, and thought Nessy played OK, Tommo and Louis played their usual solid games. Pritchard was excellent making at least three great saves. Didn?t think the defense could be blamed for the defeat. Midfield was anonymous, the strikers poor.

Yes Peter the long ball was in evidence again.

Perhaps because the midfield was so poor, the back line resorted to hitting the long, high, hopeful ball in the direction of the forwards. The main problem with this being that town started the game with the shortest front line ever, the two central defenders of Cammel Laird?s just headed the ball clear each time.

Town did not play to their strengths, balls to feet or balls down the channels on the floor for the fast strikers to run onto would have been much more effective.

In the end I think we were playing four strikers, two in midfield, and four at the back.

New fullback looks assured, and thought Nessy played OK, Tommo and Louis played their usual solid games. Pritchard was excellent making at least three great saves. Didn?t think the defense could be blamed for the defeat. Midfield was anonymous, the strikers poor.

Warrington will struggle more often than not unless they can get a bit more height in the team and a midfield general!

For once I have to agree with the insider on the above comment, on tonights performance it was evident this was missing.

Losing a striker like Tony Evans wont help either, need to bring in a replacement striker who is proven at this level and above to stand any chance of promotion this season

Five games without a win now - I think that speaks volumes along with one goal in the last three home games which has brought just one point against Woodley Sports, Cammell Laird and Curzon, who were nothing special last night.

For once I have to agree with the insider on the above comment, on tonights performance it was evident this was missing.

Losing a striker like Tony Evans wont help either, need to bring in a replacement striker who is proven at this level and above to stand any chance of promotion this season

Why, where's Evo gone?

I disagree FTB, I think we need a striker who will score at this level, whether he is proven at this level or not. I also think we need a midfielder who can control a game, but where do you get either of these from???, sure that Joey is aware of what needs doing and will make sure that things get done

I am sure Joey Dunn does know which players are right for the team and which ones are available at the minute, my point is that it is proven that the teams who get promotion from our league have a midfielder who controls games on his own and a striker who can score stupid amounts of goals (connerton at lancaster last season as an example - i know they didnt get promoted but he scored 40 goals) at present we lack back up for Sam Finley and strikers dont look like scoring at the minute.