WTFC v Woodley Sports.

Peter T

Personally I think our performance today was much better than previous games, we had a lot of the possession and was great on the ball. The way Woodley played you would not think they were 16th coming into this fixture, as they also played some good football. If it wasn't for their strong defence and a few great saves from their keeper then we could of got a few goals in there. Salmon had a lovely chance in the first half which their keeper just tipped over the bar.

Evans looked lot lively when he entered the game also, made some great runs, and controlled the ball very well when he received it. All in all it was a great game to watch. As Rick said though, a game we should of really took all 3 points, but a good 1 point on Woodley's behalf I would say.

I must disagree slightly with the view expressed about the game.

I though we lost the midfield battle and failed to use our width as much as we should have. Duffy bombing down the wing is a useful weapon and we didnt use it enough. Gaghan on the left was anonymous and much more useful when switched in the second half.

Notwithstanding that, we were unlucky in front of goal and on another day would have won this easily.

P.s. Question from my son - why do we not play into the covered end second half i.e. most clubs play to the home end in the second half (toss permitting).

P.s. Question from my son - why do we not play into the covered end second half i.e. most clubs play to the home end in the second half (toss permitting).

i think it might have somthing to do with the sun.

in the first half particulay in winter the sun is right in the goalkeepers eyline. then dark in the second half!

agree with some points it wasnt great on saturday but good teams pick up points when playing badly which shows signs of improvment!