The Ashes

DS

OK Wolfie, I had forgotten about the Americas Cup and I DID say "probably".

As for whether cricket would have died out, I doubt it. The professional game has shrunk drastically, it is true, despite the arrival of one day cricket. Quite honestly, that doesn't particularly bother me because my interest in all sport is mainly at the grassroots level. Once money is involved, "sport" is replaced by gamesmanship.

The size of crowds is of no relevance - particularly as it seems to me most of the people who go to one day matches are more interested in being able to sit drinking all day than they are in the cricket.

The problem for "real" cricket, I fear, is that these days people have no attention span.

DS..... believe me; I have absolutely no idea of any of the rules of cricket, nor would I wish to learn.

Mrs Baz is the cricket lover in our house and appears to know what an ashes is..... personally, I'm more interested in tinkering with old cars which I guess on a boredom level to some; is on a par with golf!