Volunteers for pitch

Gary

Been down to look at the pitch today with Joey and most of snow now gone but still frost in the surface but should thaw over next few days.

Main problem now is flooding!

We may need some volunteers to help fork the pitch on Thursday - watch this space and many hands will make light work! :wink:

I can only do Thursday evening, as I am working in Liverpool during the day. Will collect the fork that I left at the ground, last time we (john and I) had to fork the pitch before a game. Hope some of the younger lads with no school can go down and help out. May well find it drains somewhat before then though mate

Gary.

Have you thought of hiring a mechanical lawn spiker from HRS like they use on bowling greens? Less than half the time and effort. Just a thought.

Only a few areas need sorting - if it was the whole pitch I would be seriously cponsidering your suggestion - as Rob points out hopefully most of it will have drained by Thursday any way - we are fortunate that we have a pitch which drains well.