Play off system too confusing says Smith

Gary

Very interesting remark made by Mr Smith...*There's a commercial aspect to it* That's what I've been saying from the outset of this Mickey Mouse competition..It's just a way to stretch Sky TV's season out a little longer. If it was a genuine knock-out competition it would have a little more respectability and the mighty Wire would no longer be involved. I just wish they weren't. We've already got the premier trophy in the bag for another year, let's have a rest.

The play-offs are a commercial venture for both Sky and clubs. I think 8 clubs is too much and I prefered the "old system".

I've been to Old Trafford a few times for the Grand Final and had a really good time even though I wasn't supporting anyone - the atmosphere has always been fantastic and the play-off system isn't going anywhere so we may as well embrace it. I've got my ticket for Saturday and will follow Wire to Old Trafford :D