Modern Policing.... more violent than Life on Mars!!!

Bazj

I don't want on the spot fines, that would make the Police judge and jury, That would make them far worse, and what respect they have now would plummet :!:

I want the Police to use their initiative, If a clip round the ear suits then do it, Let them use their common sense and not always go down the spot fine route.

When I said, a few days ago, there were too many people these days (particularly on this forum) who were too ready to knock the police at every opportunity, I clearly underestimated the problem.

I have never heard such opinionated tosh in my life.

There are too many people who clearly think they are above the law!

A few words of wisdom have been spoken, but those who have criticised the police have no idea what they are talking about.

I suggest they come from that section of society that is causing the problem.

Yes we do need to respect the police (and a handful of police officers will always make that difficult) but we should only fear them if we are criminals. The police should be people we turn to for help and I believe, in the main, they still are.

The problems we face today arise from too many wooly-minded Liberals (and yes, I do use a capital L, although they obviously don't vote for them!) having had too much influence for too long

A few words of wisdom have been spoken, but those who have criticised the police have no idea what they are talking about.
:shock:

As opposed to you :?:

I suggest they come from that section of society that is causing the problem.
:roll:

I suggest nothing, I am saying this is Bulls**t :wink:

I want the Police to be Police,Not to be Judge and Jury :!:

The Police could help themselves, they should not Police themselves, It cannot be right that in serious complaints against the Police are dealt with and investigated by the Police. And when a Policeman is found to be wanting, He or She is allowed to retire instead of being sacked and loosing their pension.

Egbert, Are you or have you ever been in the Police :?:

Yes it can Obs, There's not much chance of winning if you do not have any witnesses, They always take a Policeman's word over yours if there are no witnesses and the Police know this :wink:

Seeing as most these days seem to be violent, lying, truth-bending psychos.... why would a policemans word be worth anything anyway?

They are to arrest only, they have a duty of care to everyone in their custody. they then can gather evidence....FULL STOP.

they have no power to drag anyone in such a manor that is assault.

if they need to force somone into a cell then that should be dispersed between multiple officers as to ensure equal weight distribution and reduce risk of injury as a result

it is not possible for one adult to move another adult forcibly without injury.