warrington town goods

Barmy_army

would all fans be pre prepared to buy polo shirts, t-shirts, hoodies etc etc with warrington town supporters logo on them or clubs logo on them to try and promote the club more ?

or has anybody got any good ideas what we could get done to get the club out to the people in warrington?

Sorry Barmy-Army....sensible head back on.........

How much are the items in the existing supporters club that Gary mentioned and what is currently available in the club shop? Couldn't find anything on the web as it says 'merchandise coming soon'. :?

Polo shirts and hoodies are ok but like footy tops may only be worn by supporters on match days.

As you want to promote the club at other times to increase people's awareness how about car stickers, as long as they were cheap enough people would buy them.

You could even go to note pads or wall calendars given to local businesses (but obviously they would be freebies so would not generate any immediate revenue but would get the word out) all in the clubs colours etc etc. For a small club though this would probably be cost prohibitive so maybe ignore that one :oops:

Another idea is to ask local businesses to promote the local footy club on their websites via a logo and a supporting link. In return the club could have a link to the supporting businesses on their supporters page. The would not cost either side anything... In fact the local businesses could also be give car/window stickers for free :D:wink:

Just a thought anyway....................

Just a thought

Don't recall saying I would be there :?

It was said that you were on your way to meet the man from evo-stick.

I was meeting Mr Evo-stik last minute on my way home from work. I never had any intention of attending supporters meeting - I only come if invited to discuss specific issues.

shut up pieman !!

sticking up for the people with the money we want them to give us money for new things :)

Not exactly the best way to get directors to invest in an idea. :roll:

We are not made of money (we all have businesses to run) and to make merchandise cost effective it needs to be bought in large quantities.

The replica jerseys are not exactly flying off the shelves so I don't think we are quite ready to start investing what resources we have got in merchandise.

The replica jerseys are not exactly flying off the shelves so I don't think we are quite ready to start investing what resources we have got in merchandise.

I think the price of the replicas is the issue Gary. I've just looked at a number of other non league clubs (various size teams) and the price of shirts range from ?30-?35. None charge ?40 especially when it changes every year.

Not exactly the best way to get directors to invest in an idea. :roll:

We are not made of money (we all have businesses to run) and to make merchandise cost effective it needs to be bought in large quantities.

BarmyArmys ideas seem to be more about promoting the club than making thousands in return. So I think his/her ideas are good.

Items such as t-shirts and polo shirts are NOT expensive to have printed and you do not have to buy in very large quantities either.

If cost is a huge problem for the club and directors then just have a few made up get some of your supporters to wear them at match days and have a couple hung up in your shop - take orders and prepayment - then have them printed.

No big outlay for the club that way and no boxes of unwanted tshirts gathering dust if it turns out people don't want them. Running a business involves taking chances Gary .. 'speculate to accumulate' and all that :wink:

Which in itself shows that they are too expensive so you need cheaper alternatives or other items to promote yourselves. You must know this Gary as you are in advertising.

Not many parents would pay ?40 for their kids to have a footy top for a local team, (which without wanting to sound rude a lot of other kids/people have never really heard of :oops: ) It's the same price as a Man United/Liverpool/Warrington Wolves top which would get a lot more wear :wink:

Anyway it's got nothing to do with me and I recon BarmyArmy should get his/her own made up and prove the directors wrong.

Stick below ?10 Barmy and you should do well :wink:

And before I forget............. the club could raise some money to fund other merchandise by holding a fun day which often draws in people who are not too interested in footy but who could be converted.

You could have a 'throw the custard pie in Gary's face' stall... bet loads would pay to have a go on that, I would :lol::P

Can I just point out that the kids replica jerseys are only ?25 which is a really good deal.

Anything between ?35-40 seems to be the going rate for adult replica jerseys and ours are fully badged with sponsors logos which makes them a little more expensive.

We also have been handing out FREE support the town t-shirts to young fans and selling off last seasons jerseys at cheaper prices.

If there is any supporter of Warrington Town struggling to afford to purchase any specific item of merchandise drop me a PM or email garys@warrington-worldwide.co.uk and I will see what I can do for you.

I know one of my fellow directors is looking at another supply of support the town t-shirts. Whether these will be free or a small cost I am not sure.

But rest assured if people make us aware of what they want face to face we will try our best to deliver.

We have spent a lot of money on creating a better facility at the club this season and as you all know - money doesn't grow on trees.

Spending ?7-8 to have a decent branded polo shirt made and to then sell it for about a tenner is not a good way of investing time and money at this stage, in relation to the number of sales we are likely to achieve.

Dizzy if you want to volunteer your time and services to the club as our merchandising co-ordinator please drop me a line or pop down to the club tomorrow - kick off 3pm

:wink:

Why didn't you say all that earlier Gary ie about your less expensive supporters t-shirts etc etc... you could have saved me some typing earlier :lol:

As for your final sentence in bold for me..... 'merchandising co-ordinator' Mmmmm I sense a touch or sarcasm there :lol: and if I did turn up tomorrow I suspect there would be a very large table of blue and yellow custard pies coming in my direction :lol::wink::lol:

Only trying to help.. but of course you know that :wink::D

PS spending ?7 on a decent branded top and making ?3 profit is pretty good actually and there is hardly any time involved at all (unless of course you are embroidering/printing them yourself).

Now theres a tought..... do you happen to have a heat press hiden away anywhere in your WWW printing offices Gary :shock::wink:

DIZZY!!!!!

Your ideas are welcome and thought provoking.

I seem to recall that the club did a similar thing when one of their sponsors joined and handed out T-shirts. I still have mine and ocasionally wear it.

I think the idea is to raise the profile at an affordable price hence 'cheapish' T-shirts with the logo on the back that people/youngsters will wear anywhere, as opposed to a few who can afford the real deal and only wear them om match days.

Do you want to throw a price into the ring? And YOU will be VERY welcome at the match tomorrow.

As part of the "Non league day", meet me at the ground at an arranged time and I can get you in for nothing.

PS. I don't know whether the two ?politicians? :lol: from ST.H are going. They attended most home games last year.

If you want t-shirts that youngsters will wear anywhere you need a cheecky comment printed on them too :wink::lol:

Please dont bring local politicians into the chat though as that has just put me right off and I'm feeling a tad wobbly and under the weather as it is :cry::lol:

I'll pm you :wink:

Why didn't you say all that earlier Gary ie about your less expensive supporters t-shirts etc etc... you could have saved me some typing earlier :lol:

As for your final sentence in bold for me..... 'merchandising co-ordinator' Mmmmm I sense a touch or sarcasm there :lol: and if I did turn up tomorrow I suspect there would be a very large table of blue and yellow custard pies coming in my direction :lol::wink::lol:

Only trying to help.. but of course you know that :wink::D

PS spending ?7 on a decent branded top and making ?3 profit is pretty good actually and there is hardly any time involved at all (unless of course you are embroidering/printing them yourself).

Now theres a tought..... do you happen to have a heat press hiden away anywhere in your WWW printing offices Gary :shock::wink:

No sarcasm - all willing volunteers always made welcome.

yh i might go off my own back get a few samples done like 5 hoodies, 5 polo shorts and 5 t-shirts see what people think then if there is demand i can get more done

and the family fun day good idea :)

creaam pie think not but wet sponge yh :)

get the players involved be a money explostion like penitly shoot out with the proper keeper, head up with tomo make plenty

gonna bring it up at the next meeting netx month :)

cheers dizzy :D