Ann Curran's Funeral - Friday 1st Feb, 14:30 at Walton

Geoff Settle

Unfortunately Ann's heart finally gave up the fight as you know a week last Friday from Pete's post on the 18th web page .

Some sad news.

Today, Ann passed away in Intensive Care.

She was in there after suffering another heart attack.

She will be missed. A few of us met her when Steve and Mary came over and we all met at Cinnamon Brow. Ann had kindly done the butties.

Jane and others will miss her at the Tuesday afternoon Card making sessions.

Still, she and Mick are back together.

Our thoughts are with her family.

She was a wonderful lady and a rock for Mick, she certainly knew how to handle him and was such a steadying force.

She will be sadly missed by her family especially her many grandchildren and her many friends not only at Cinnamon Brow Farm but also the Fearnhead Community Centre where was the chair of the Bits and Bobs club.

The craft club met to make cards and chat and they had a lovely Christmas Party recently and I believe that looked Ann was looking forward to getting involved in the new Watercolour Painting Club.

Her funeral takes place Walton Lea Crematorium on Friday at 2:30pm.

Here is a map of where the Crem is: Crem Map

I find it hard to believe that we will be back at the crem after only two short months, but I know that in true Curran style we will be celebrating their lives and recalling the happy times.

[ 30.01.2008, 05:14: Message edited by: Geoff Settle ]

Pete, his wife and myself saw Ann off today with her family and friends.

It was a lovely service and a nice way to say good bye to her with the thought that she was going to join Mick.

What a celebration there will be tonight when they get back together and party like they used to. :D

We started entering the chapel to the sight and sounds of a Scotsman in full regalia playing the bagpipes.

He was piping them when I arrived and it's one of those magic moments where you think now thats why the Scots love the pipes and are proud to be Scottish.

[ 01.02.2008, 20:57: Message edited by: Geoff Settle ]