Scorched earth

asperity

You think things are going to get better :?::shock:

Unlike you LtKije I live in the real world and know that the pain is coming and I am going to be one of the poor saps that is going to feel it. I also know that the same pain would be coming no matter who won the last election. However I know where the blame for this disaster lies. Who has been supposedly ruling this country for the last 13 years? Certainly not your favourite scapegoat Maggie, nor even that poor sap Major. :roll::roll::roll:

Brown has been a disaster both as Chancellor then PM,,,no wonder Blair jumped ship when he did , but let us not forget the destruction of industry under Thatcherism that led to a dependancy culture in the 80's from which this country has never recovered. Thatcher "rescued" Britain by selling off the family silver to overseas buyers to asset strip at will just to plug the economic whole of the day...her crusade against the unions by closing Britain's longstanding industrial base turned a country that was the workshop of the world into a lame duck industrial wasteland ,but on the plus side Thatcher did stand up to Europe.

by the way i am a floating voter.

Fair summary of the historical reality Wavy; but Asp does have a point; the UK was the "sick man" of Western Europe, but instead of seeking to cure the patient by modernisation, re-investment of our industrial base - she decided to kill off the patient once and for all. And before anyone mentions demogogues like Scargill; Scargill was wrong about the number of pits targetted for closure; he actually underestimated the number! So beside wrecking our industrial base, she ruined any chance of any self sufficiency in energy supply - and rather than any attempt at repairing this legacy of damage; Bliar embrassed a reliance on "the City" and we now know where that's taken us. :cry: