A Guide to Man City

bobshaw235

If you've never been to a game at City or you need more info about how to get into the Stadium ive compiled this handy guide to help you out.

All supporters coming to the City of Manchester Stadium require an I.Q. of at least 4. A smart Mancunion will of course support Rugby League and cage fighting. When you purchase a ticket for a match you will also be issued with an E-Bay account number that is unique to you, in case we are playing someone who wants to watch the game.

Once inside the stadium you are allowed to shout abuse at the team in Blue for not scoring any goals, if however a team does score you must go very quiet as it will be from the opposition.

Players to note; err oh I know that tall Greek fellow and the skinny Italian they are our twin strikers who last year scored 3 goals between them, and now that the French chappy Distin has disappeared to the mighty Portsmouth, there should be plenty of goals at the City of Manchester Stadium.

Unless of course the Ex Thai Prime Minister, you know the one defrocked from office for fiddling, buys city then maybe we can look foreword to some interesting results or floodlight failures in the coming season. I hear he is bringing in Bruce Grobbellar as Goalkeeping coach and George Graham as the keeper of brown envelopes.

:D

Nobody else suffered this topsy-turvy fate in the top flight in England, the irony is that City were the main Manchester club then, United's brief gazumping of them being a mere memory, a phenomenon of the end of the Edwardian era and pre-WWI years, United being the butt of music-hall jokes in the 1930s as English football's resident yo-yo birds, a la Norwich City or Leicester City, for example! How times have changed! :P Even more ironic is that the Busby era began for United as guests at Maine Road while Old Trafford was being re-built after the Blitz!

[ 03.06.2007, 13:31: Message edited by: Goonerman ]

On a serious note Andy, Pearce has gone thats 1 good reason,he has taken all his no marks with him thats 2 good reasons,whoever takes over probably the Thai chap will put substantial transfer money into the club thats 3,

On the down side because its taken so long all the top transfer targets will be spoken for and the new manager will probably have to go abroad for untried premiership playes,and i dont belive we should sell Joey he is about to become the next Roy Keane,but will be playing for Newcastle whilst City have 5 million pounds to replace him for that you can get a young untried player or one thats given his best years to somebody else.OH and the Greek chap can go and take the Italian with him.Things are on the up at City my post was a tongue in cheek one i am excited about the prospect this year of a top 10 finish and given luck a run in one of the cups,dont forget we are still the 14th best club in England.

Newcastle United and Manchester City are complete enigmas. They are supposed to be top clubs, but have not won a bean in years, especially Newcastle. City last won something in 1976, the League Cup (beating Newcastle with a goal by a Newcastle man, Dennis Tueart). Before that we had City's maginificent turn at the end of the 60s and start of the 70s. League 1968, FA Cup 1969 (great goal by Neil Young), and the League Cup/European Cup Winners' Cup in 1970. Newcastle United's last trophy was the Fairs Cup (now UEFA Cup) in 1969, and their last domestic trophy was the FA Cup in 1955, when they dominated that competition. Their last League title was in 1927. Bit scary, isn't it? :o :scared:

By the way, I don't blame Stuart Pearce. I blame the players.

• 2 weeks later...

Just look at the football brains that are comming to city soon :bounce:

CITY are facing a battle to persuade Mark Hughes to switch from Ewood Park.

Earlier, BBC Sport revealed that City were hopeful of attracting a top-quality European coach to the club, with PSV Eindhoven coach Ronald Koeman a potential target.

Sven-Goran Eriksson is reportedly set to become the new manager of Manchester City if Thaksin Shinawatra's ?120m takeover goes through.

Sevilla coach Ramos, who has won the UEFA Cup for the last two seasons, is thought to be the number one candidate .

Despite Sven's abysmal time as England boss he has a good record as a club manager winning 14 trophies in 3 countries. It may well be 14 trophies in 4 countries at the end of his tenure at city but I think he could do OK (given the money)

• 2 weeks later...