Have they privatised Planning already?

observer

See a house with a notice in the window, saying it's going to be a shop - ring the planning dept to find out whether a planning app has been submited - find out one hasn't - so suggest they check it out - NO way: it has to be in writing. So if you want to build something without planning permission, and no one complains "in writing" - yer OK! :roll:

See a house with a notice in the window, saying it's going to be a shop - ring the planning dept to find out whether a planning app has been submited - find out one hasn't - so suggest they check it out - NO way: it has to be in writing. So if you want to build something without planning permission, and no one complains "in writing" - yer OK! :roll:

Report it to your local councillor. :wink::D

Last time somebody contacted me, enforcement were up there before you could say Paul Kennedy. :D:D:D

to be honest, with all the monstrositys that the local council have presided over in the past few decades in Warrington and some of the things they have knocked down, it amazes me that they have the cheek to call any of it planning!

But I thought some of that was Commission for New Towns rather than WBC. I know when I built my new home in 1993 (certainly not a monstrosity :wink::) ), CNT approved it and all WBC could do was rubber stamp it.

Who's gone and where from ... did I miss it :shock:

As for elected councillors being local to the area they want to represent surely that's not hard to control. If they don't live locally or are not available for 'x' number of days a week locally then they can't stand ... simples :lol:

Who better to take interests in an area than someone who actually lives there. Take Lymm for example :wink:

But like Obs sort of says... a pulse is also an advantage :lol: