England v Wales - Town V Colwyn Bay

Gary

Shocking performance today!!! why does the Defence and Midfield look solid and then the Strikers well....no comment!

Will someone please shoot!!!! i cant think of one shot town had today, hopefully Gavin Salmon will sort this out and give us a boost upfront because it is desperately needed.

Shocking performance today!!! why does the Defence and Midfield look solid and then the Strikers well....no comment! - did you go the game or wearing a blind fold ??.

The midfield two and two full backs were poor, upfront and wide we played well...dont take anything away from CBay they were 5 yards quicker than us in the first half and technically very good. The second half showed what we are capable off and were unlucky not half scored on two occasions. It was a game of two halves and we should have at least got a point. Detailed below is the bay report which concludes they were lucky to come away with three points ..

http://www.colwynbayfc.co.uk/match_report_100123.php

:D

Shocking performance today!!! why does the Defence and Midfield look solid and then the Strikers well....no comment!

Will someone please shoot!!!! i cant think of one shot town had today, hopefully Gavin Salmon will sort this out and give us a boost upfront because it is desperately needed.

I think it was far more disappointing to see some of the barmy army walking out before the final whistle!

Town played well in the second half and considering a six week lay off it is hardly surprising they were slow out of the blocks.

Bay had played on new years Day and were on the wrong end of a 4-2 home drubbing by Radcliffe so they have had a rocket recently!

Leigh lost at Harrogate Railway yesterday so should be fire works on Tuesday!

The fact is Town deserved at least a draw against a side second in the league!

Shocking performance today!!! why does the Defence and Midfield look solid and then the Strikers well....no comment! - did you go the game or wearing a blind fold ??.

The midfield two and two full backs were poor, upfront and wide we played well...dont take anything away from CBay they were 5 yards quicker than us in the first half and technically very good. The second half showed what we are capable off and were unlucky not half scored on two occasions. It was a game of two halves and we should have at least got a point. Detailed below is the bay report which concludes they were lucky to come away with three points ..

http://www.colwynbayfc.co.uk/match_report_100123.php

:D

A good balanced opinion from a supporter who knows his football!

Tuesday is a must win game, not just for local bragging rights but for our end of season push. Hopefully Gavin Salmon will be just the player we need to look sharp upfront because yesterday there was nothing to say we deserved a goal.

We didnt walk out before the final whistle we decided to take a view from the seats at the other side of the pitch. The majority of the response from the lads was there wasn't much to shout about from the stands. Hopefully this was just a warm up from the long layoff over christmas

Tuesday is a must win game, not just for local bragging rights but for our end of season push. Hopefully Gavin Salmon will be just the player we need to look sharp upfront because yesterday there was nothing to say we deserved a goal.

We didnt walk out before the final whistle we decided to take a view from the seats at the other side of the pitch. The majority of the response from the lads was there wasn't much to shout about from the stands. Hopefully this was just a warm up from the long layoff over christmas

Salmon will still be suspended :cry: You didn't see their keeper make a fine save or the ball just dip over the cross bar in injury time when it could have easily gone in.

Two great chances - you had obviously left the ground! :oops:

Two unbalanced opinions. Karl would have slated Paul Moores for that performance.

Expectations are high, and they just didn't perform yesterday. They were all raring to go, and had a runout Tuesday night. I don't buy your excuses Insider, they were ready. It just didn't gel and they were back to giving the ball away and passing to people who weren't there.

WHY is there such a problem scoring?

Is it that they take one touch too many and try to walk the ball into the back of the net? or what?

If it hadn't been for some fine goal-keeping it could have been worse.

Your right Peter, expectations are high at the Club and yesterday they just never lived up to those. Nothing inspiring to say we deserved much credit to be honest only that the scoreline was only 1-0 against a team expected for promotion.

No one shoots from midfield, why i dont know?? all the strikers take too many touches and try to walk the ball in the net, all season we have seen this!

If more players shot from all angles of the pitch it would constantly ask questions of the opposition, and give us the edge on games especially at home.

In my humble opinion the problems were

No-one to trouble the keeper from outside the box.

Terrible first touch, which leads to ?

Too many touches on the ball.

The inability to pass to a team mate in yellow, and thus string more than two passes together.

No communication ? have the players been introduced to each other?

No challenge for the second ball.

That said, things did pick up in the second half and I can?t wait until Tuesday night.

In my humble opinion the problems were

No-one to trouble the keeper from outside the box.

Terrible first touch, which leads to ?

Too many touches on the ball.

The inability to pass to a team mate in yellow, and thus string more than two passes together.

No communication ? have the players been introduced to each other?

No challenge for the second ball.

That said, things did pick up in the second half and I can?t wait until Tuesday night.

can I suggest that everytime a Warrington player gets within sight of goal the barmy army scream SHOOT to remind them where the goals are! :oops::roll::wink: