Warrington Town v Bootle

kevofaz25

Only one team wanted to win.

Yet another game lost when Town didn't turn up.

Each week a player should be made to pay admittance and stand and watch the full game and see what the rest of us have to watch.

They might buck their ideas up then.

To make it worse, I missed the United game to watch that dire performance.

If they want the spectators to turn up, they need to stop losing winnable games :roll::oops::oops::oops:

I'll be honest (as you'll see in Saturday's programme update) and say that performance was an embarrasment. Not because we lost but in the appathetic way in which we approached the game from the start.

We looked like we could not give a **** if we lost it, and I find that very hard to digest. That's certainly the way it came across.

Season over before Christmas once again. Yes very probably. The only saving grace is at least this time we are not looking over our shoulder at the bottom places. In that respect we have most certainly improved.

We missed a great opportunity to get to a quarter final with a possible game v Liverpool or Everton there, and we just let it slip away with out a fight.

Bootle deserved it and we got what we deserved.

If it upsets people so be it, but maybe it wil make them take stock and try a bit harder next tmie.

Frustrated and angry post over.

Paul

Peter that is a great idea, one which must be brought to attention me thinks!! last night was shocking in all respect (apart from the Barmy Army's first half showing - second half there was nothing to sing about) for me it was a chance for Joey to rest a few players and try some fringe squad members, yes the budget isn't there to change the whole team but it was a chance to rest Gahgan, Jimmy Mac!! we need them for the league now, and no doubt come Saturday after training on Thursday they will be knackered!!

On second thoughts, having the players join us in the stands they might take to the barmy army and want to join us every week!? then there will be no-one playing haha

Shocking performance and totally unacceptable and on behalf of the club I would like to apologise to any Warrington fan who paid to watch that dire showing.

The players knew the importance of the competition, as being successful in it and other cup competitions is what helps pay them!

We were missing a couple of key players but that is not excuse.

Those who went on the field should be good enough to beat a team from a lower league.

A lot of the lads from Bootle will probably also be playing Sunday league with their mates after their league commitments on Saturday.

Shocking performance and totally unacceptable and on behalf of the club I would like to apologise to any Warrington fan who paid to watch that dire showing.

The players knew the importance of the competition, as being successful in it and other cup competitions is what helps pay them!

We were missing a couple of key players but that is not excuse.

Those who went on the field should be good enough to beat a team from a lower league.

A lot of the lads from Bootle will probably also be playing Sunday league with their mates after their league commitments on Saturday.

Gary lets not been to down beat about the performance yes we are out money spinning ties but all the same it gives us chance to concentrate fully on the league now..looking back to last season when moores was in charge its fair to say the side now is a lot better; we have a larger or more enthusiastic crowd; the football we play is more entertaining...on the whole i am very pleased with the season so far..its a shame we out of the cup but lets get behind Joey D n the team and get up the table n out of this league or at least be around for the playoffs come april next year...onwards and upwards as they say :wink:

I agree with all that karltt says - its the best team that we have since reentry to the Unibond League,there is more enthusiasm amongst the growing number of fans - and yes,lets now concentrate on making a big effort to reach the play-offs.We have 3 games left in 2009 against teams below us in the table,lets start by doing well in those games - then we go into 2010 with plenty of confidence!