Nantwich target McCarthy

andygill

From thisisstaffordshire.co.uk

NANTWICH Town are hoping to sign former Kidsgrove winger Jimmy McCarthy in time for tomorrow's UniBond Premier Division game at FC United of Manchester.

Manager Peter Hall has served Warrington Town with official notice of approach to McCarthy and will be speaking to the player today.

McCarthy impressed Hall when he played up front for UniBond Division One North side Warrington against Nantwich in the FA Cup last month and scored the only goal of the game.

Hall said: "Jimmy has pace, great feet and is brave. He was a constant threat against us.

"I am hoping Warrington will cancel his registration so that he can train with us tonight."

This is excellent news; it appears Jimmy has made a decision not solely based on financial considerations. Perhaps he has recognised that Town are on the up, with progress both on an off the field and wants to be part of the success.

I think the supporters should show there appreciation for his decision at the match on Saturday by giving him a warm welcome.

This is excellent news; it appears Jimmy has made a decision not solely based on financial considerations. Perhaps he has recognised that Town are on the up, with progress both on an off the field and wants to be part of the success.

I think the supporters should show there appreciation for his decision at the match on Saturday by giving him a warm welcome.

Latest news on him

Peter Hall, manager of UniBond League Premier Division club Nantwich Town, is keeping tabs on former Kidsgrove Athletic winger Jimmy McCarthy.

Hall failed to include McCarthy in the 4-0 defeat at FC United of Manchester in midweek, but is keeping his fingers crossed he might be available to play against North Ferriby United at the Weaver Stadium on Saturday.

Hall said: "I have spoken to Jimmy and he is interested in coming to us.

"He promised Warrington Town he would play for them on Tuesday. We are having further talks and I want to make sure I can get the best out of him." :shock:

Hall (pictured) was disappointed with his strike force of Michael Lennon and Matt Rhead on Wednesday. He said: "I need more options up front."

Nantwich have missed penalties in their last two games. Ashley Carter's effort at Buxton last Saturday was saved and the game ended goalless, while Lennon had the chance to give his side the lead against United, but also failed from the spot.

Hall said: "We made a good start, but after United scored it seemed to knock the confidence out of us.

"United were breathtaking at times and their pace frightened us."

Nantwich had experienced centre back Darren Tinson sent-off on the hour-mark, and Hall added: "We have some harsh lessons to learn, but on the positive side Richie Sutton and Dave MacPherson are back from suspension."

www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk>

Latest news on him

Peter Hall, manager of UniBond League Premier Division club Nantwich Town, is keeping tabs on former Kidsgrove Athletic winger Jimmy McCarthy.

Hall failed to include McCarthy in the 4-0 defeat at FC United of Manchester in midweek, but is keeping his fingers crossed he might be available to play against North Ferriby United at the Weaver Stadium on Saturday.

"He promised Warrington Town he would play for them on Tuesday. We are having further talks and I want to make sure I can get the best out of him." :shock:

Hall (pictured) was disappointed with his strike force of Michael Lennon and Matt Rhead on Wednesday. He said: "I need more options up front."

Nantwich have missed penalties in their last two games. Ashley Carter's effort at Buxton last Saturday was saved and the game ended goalless, while Lennon had the chance to give his side the lead against United, but also failed from the spot.

Hall said: "We made a good start, but after United scored it seemed to knock the confidence out of us.

Nantwich had experienced centre back Darren Tinson sent-off on the hour-mark, and Hall added: "We have some harsh lessons to learn, but on the positive side Richie Sutton and Dave MacPherson are back from suspension."

KARL - that is not the latest news - the latest news is what was reported this morning following talks between the club and Jimmy last night - are you trying to rock the boat?

Latest news on him

KARL - that is not the latest news - the latest news is what was reported this morning following talks between the club and Jimmy last night - are you trying to rock the boat?

:D:D:D:lol::lol::lol: