Warrington 1960s Street Map

andygill

Andy,

I used to have one on my wall when I was a kid and it may still be at my mums house.

Not promising anything but next time I go round and manage to get into the loft, I'll have a look. What you wanting one for anyway?

baz

Warrington Library may have one.... try their archives and local studies/history reference room. If they don;t have one they should know where you can get one from.

The council may have one.. try the planning department :?

Or http://www.old-maps.co.uk have some of Warrington. You have to buy them but you can 'view' them by scrolling in/out up/down first to make sure you want to buy them. :wink: I just looked at one from 1952 and it was legible on screen :wink:

Are you looking for something specific ?

Andy,

I used to have one on my wall when I was a kid and it may still be at my mums house.

Not promising anything but next time I go round and manage to get into the loft, I'll have a look. What you wanting one for anyway?

baz

Thanks Baz

Originally I came from Wigan, over the last few years I've recevied a number of the history of Warrington books, which has got me really interested in Warrington in the 60s.

Cheers

Andy

I've found the best way of bidding is to estimate what you think the item is worth to you and make the bid in the last minute...Say, you think the item is worth 20 quid to you and the highest bidder at that moment is say 8 quid. You won't necessarily pay the full 20 quid, you could get it for 9 quid. Yes, I know that there is software available to outbid you at the last possible second but not many people use it.

I've found the best way of bidding is to estimate what you think the item is worth to you and make the bid in the last minute...Say, you think the item is worth 20 quid to you and the highest bidder at that moment is say 8 quid. You won't necessarily pay the full 20 quid, you could get it for 9 quid. Yes, I know that there is software available to outbid you at the last possible second but not many people use it.

Actually, I have been known to use it. Must have been bidding against somebody who was also using it, and who was prepared to pay more for the stuff than I was. Fair enough, I say.